Air Product Supervisor
Long Beach, CA 90810
We seek an Air Product Supervisor for a position with our client, a leading provider of global logistics services.
The Air Product Supervisor oversees an area team and oversees product compliance, volume growth, working capital and operating efficiency.
Our client is a successful, worldwide logistics company in business for over 100 years! Employees take pride in the service they provide and embrace the “people first” policy at this large company.
The ideal candidate brings a BA degree with 3+ years’ experience in the freight forwarding industry and progressively responsible roles culminating in supervisory positions. They have a strong work ethic and considers a “successful” team one that works together efficiently while offering support to team members without hesitation.
Career Strategies Inc is a national staffing firm that provides temporary and direct hire staffing services to outstanding firms located throughout the United States. For over 28 years, we have helped thousands of talented candidates find fulfilling careers in a variety of industries including technology, entertainment, marketing, real estate, finance and accounting.
About the Opportunity:
- Supervise territory based air product team
- Ensure compliance with internal policies and government regulations
- Provide timely and accurate costing, estimates and rating
- Review and correct invoices and internal processes
- Ensure successful reach of customer quality goals
- Oversee effective procurement and routing
- Meet volume and product revenue growth targets
- Initiate and lead yield improvement process
- Complete quality controls and audits accurately
- Explain product analytics, trends and recommendations to Sales division
- Oversee customer escalations
- Lead corrective actions that reduces revenue or profit loss
- Set team performance goals
- Measure and report on team performance
- Manage staffing and workload allocation
- Oversee team furloughs, re-purpose, demotions, promotions and severance
- Ensure accuracy of budgets and forecasts
This list of duties is not comprehensive.
About the Candidate:
- AA+ degree (PLUS)
- 3+ years’ experience in a supervisory role (MUST)
- 2+ years’ experience in a freight forwarding and logisitics (MUST)
- Completion of industry related courses (PLUS)
- 2+ years’ experience in mid-tier + public accounting firms (PLUS)
- Advanced PC skills: MS Office, financial reporting such as Workiva (MUST)
- Personality and skills: exceptional math skills, leadership abilities, multi-tasker, critical thinker, strong verbal and written communication, excellent time management, highly organized, problem solver, analytical, detail oriented
Equal Opportunity Employer considering qualified candidates in accordance with state and federal laws, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.