Assistant Director of Nursing (ADON)
Middlesex, NY 14507
We seek an Assistant Director of Nursing for a warm senior living and rehabilitation facility in New York. Sign-on bonus may available for highly experienced professionals.
Our client serves their community with a private senior facility that offers skilled nursing, innovative rehabilitation aimed at full independence and a home-like residence for long and short term residents. Their diverse team of professionals shares the belief that “caring” is more than just a job, it’s something you feel with every action and that begins with actively engaging residents in healthy and positive pursuits. They consider the concept of “progress”, from sociability and positivity to recovery and rehabilitation, as their benchmark for success. They look for like-minded souls who want to create memorable experiences for everyone… patients, visitors, staff, family and residents… and provide an environment of “home” at the core.
The Assistant Director of Nursing assists with the running of their department under the leadership of the DON. They mentor and evaluate team members, providing guidance, support and training to elevate skills as needed. They supervise staff to ensure that laws, regulations and organizational standards are consistently achieved.
Ideal candidates hold a current New York RN license and 4+ years’ experience in a long term care environment. Prior roles required their active participation in the creation of training programs as well as directly training and mentoring clinical colleagues. They show past success building successful, multidisciplinary teams (including non-nursing personnel) who work well together and lead to healthy retention rates. They are up to date and knowledgeable about local through federal facility regulations, accreditations and compliance requirements. Candidates known for ensuring consistent, highly functioning, clinical systems at prior facilities are desired.
Career Strategies Inc is a national staffing firm that provides temporary and direct hire staffing services to outstanding firms located throughout the United States. For over 30 years, we have helped thousands of talented candidates find fulfilling careers in a variety of industries including technology, entertainment, marketing, real estate, finance and accounting.
About the Position:
- Provide skilled nursing care to short and long term residents
- Perform weekly wound and skin rounds of residents
- Update medical records in a timely and complete manner
- Provide 24-hour availability (on call)
- Coordinate nursing activities, staffing and schedules
- Enforce company policies, harassment and complaint procedures
- Ensure policies and legal regulations are accurately achieved
- Review team activities to ensure high quality of care is provided consistently
- Ensure team maintains timely and accurate record updates
- Supervise and evaluate division staff
- Provide education, training and evaluations for department
- Plan and implement existing and new programs
- Develop instructional materials and educational programs
- Stay current with advances in nursing, software, theory, regulations, compliance, etc
- Build effective communication procedures to ensure information is received by all
- Recruit and hire new staff members
- Provide new hire orientation programs for nursing team
- Analyze facility activities for improvements and risk analysis
- Establish benchmarks for successful operations
- Prepare activity reports of programs, services and initiatives
- Develop organizational policies and procedures
- Special assignments
This is not a comprehensive list of tasks associated with this position.
- New York RN license (MUST)
- 4+ years’ of experience in long term care facilities (MUST)
- 2+ years’ of experience in nursing management (MUST)
- 2+ years’ of experience creating and leading clinical education programs (MUST)
- Intermediate+ computer/software skills and comprehension (MUST)
- Desired Personality Traits and Advanced Skills: effective written and verbal communication, ability to write clearly and concisely, leadership, excellent reasoning skills and judgment, ability to anticipate needs and problems, attention to detail, organized, conflict/problem resolution, unwavering integrity, confidentiality, discretion, critical thinking
Equal Opportunity Employer considering qualified candidates in accordance with state and federal laws.