Associate Escrow Assistant
Los Angeles, CA 90071
We seek a sharp Associate Escrow Assistant for our client’s nationwide title insurance company at their downtown LA location.
The Escrow Assistant provides administrative support for escrow transactions, ensuring successful collection, processing and closing of residential real estate sales.
The ideal candidate has a BA degree and 3+ years’ experience in a busy escrow company assisting with file closings. They appreciate following a routine, excel at managing time and seek ways to improve their efficiency. Our client prefers dynamic, self-starters with integrity and a commitment to delivering quality results.
Career Strategies Inc is a national staffing firm that provides temporary and direct hire staffing services to outstanding firms located throughout the United States. For over 30 years, we have helped thousands of talented candidates find fulfilling careers in a variety of industries including technology, entertainment, marketing, real estate, finance and accounting.
About the Position:
- Package new escrows and deposit receipts
- Provide escrow related information to customers via email, phone, mail etc.
- Track the timeline and progress of escrow process
- Escalate complex title issues to appropriate personnel
- Update transaction inventory lists
- Update digital transaction files
- Provide excellent customer service to customers and vendors
- Coordinate title clearance with coordinators and real estate agents
- Collect and process file documents (disclosures, termite and HOA demands, prelim reports, etc)
- Place title orders and insurance
- Assist with document signing
- Organize messenger service, deliveries, mailings
- Schedule meetings and appointments
- Draft professional correspondence and emails
- Provide backup to other administrative support staff
- Prepare conference and meeting rooms for events
- Special projects, as assigned
This is not a comprehensive list of tasks associated with this position.
- BA degree (PLUS)
- 2+ years’ experience as an escrow assistant (MUST)
- 2+ years’ experience in real estate industry (MUST)
- Advanced computer skills including MS Word and Outlook (MUST)
- Personality, Characteristics and Skills: strong math skills, advanced written and verbal communication, excellent reading comprehension, professional demeanor, honest, reliable, excellent interpersonal communication, able to multi-task, independent worker, highly organized, efficient, team player, meticulous, detail-oriented, positive “can-do” attitude, problem solver
Benefits include: comprehensive medical, dental and vision; 401(k); shareholder purchase and reinvestment plan; supplemental life insurance; PTO and paid holidays; flexible spending account; HAS; education assistance program
Equal Opportunity Employer considering qualified candidates in accordance with state and federal laws, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.