Associate Media Director
Burbank, CA 91502
We seek a sharp, digital specialist for an Associate Media Director opportunity with our client, a San Fernando Valley based advertising agency.
Our client is a full-service, progressive advertising specialist whose clients are some of the biggest brands in tech, sports, and gaming. They target a youth-driven demographic and are widely known for the iconic imagery used in their innovative marketing strategies. Their services incorporate print, social media, interactive digital, media planning and buying to provide fully integrated global marketing campaigns. They offer a GREAT company culture and fun perks, with employees who are excited to arrive at work each day!
The Associate Media Director is integral to our client’s in-house media team and directs the planning and execution of daily activities. They are key to translating marketing goals into workable, effective media strategies and implementing cross-channel activities towards those aims.
The ideal candidate brings 5+ years’ digital and traditional marketing experience, and a BA in marketing. They have creative industry experience and are HIGHLY tech savvy. Their dynamic personality energizes the teams they lead and fosters a creative, collaborative sharing of ideas.
About the Position:
- Coordinate multi-team collaboration
- Execute direct marketing and media analysis
- Research and apply innovative communications opportunities
- Provide experienced feedback and strategic insight
- Prepare and present communication plans
- Supervise media plans/buys
- Negotiate long-term media contracts
- Manage partnerships with long term clients and vendors
- Oversee value-add programs
- Stay current with media events, trends and target demographics
- Seek and identify cross-platform opportunities
- Present media plans to clients
- Develop brand strategies and media plans
- Effectively delegate work to team
- Provide daily supervision and guidance to media team
- Train team in media and marketing concepts and activities
- Provide regular team evaluations
- Oversee media calendar and activities ensuring timeliness
- Provide daily project status updates to team and collaborating departments
- Drive cross-functional client and team meetings
- Oversee project budgets to ensure adherence
- Represent agency at client meetings
- Conceptualize and direct creation of marketing materials under established branding
- Direct creation of collateral associated with special marketing initiatives
- Spot trends and assign creative projects to design team and copywriter
- Create and manage email marketing campaigns that reinforce the brand
- Plan and implement social media marketing campaigns
- Manage projects from concept to completion and provide regular status reports
- Proofread and edit marketing materials (including print and digital)
- Additional duties and special projects as assigned
This is not a comprehensive list of duties.
About the Candidate:
- BA degree in marketing or related (MUST)
- 5+ years’ experience in marketing and advertising roles (MUST)
- 2+ years’ experience leading marketing and advertising teams (MUST)
- 2+ years’ experience in digital and traditional media (MUST)
- 1+ years’ experience with 3rd party ad servers (MUST)
- Advanced computer skills including MS Office Suite, in particular Excel and Powerpoint (MUST)
- Personality, Characteristics and Skills: advanced written and verbal communication skills, professional, excellent follow through, detail oriented, problem-solver, positive attitude, able to multi-task and work independently, organized, works well with others, critical thinker, honest, proactive, able to meet deadlines, excellent time-management, creative
Equal Opportunity Employer considering qualified candidates in accordance with state and federal laws, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.