Associate for Talent Acquisition/Benefits
Culver City, CA 90230 | Direct Hire
We seek an entry-level Associate for Talent Acquisition/Benefits for our client, based throughout southern California to provide Human Resources support.
Our amazing client provides support and educational services for developmentally challenged children and adults through day training, early intervention, work and mental health programs. They actively support over 4,000 children, adults and families from 15 locations as well as in home and community settings throughout L.A. County. They aim to provide services that encourage self-sufficiency and independence due to their core belief that everyone is capable of growth, success and reaching one’s highest potential. They envision a future where anyone with developmental, learning, and emotional disabilities enjoys the same value and integration in educational, social and work settings as others. Our client values each and every member of their team and provides a professional, highly supportive culture that embraces diversity and inclusion. Employees appreciate the excellent benefits and a management team known for encouraging career growth.
This role liaises with employees, management and 3rd party vendors to effectively communicate important information about employee relations, training, benefits and performance management to all parties with a high standard of confidentiality. They assist with recruitment activities, such as ad placement and screening and ensure consistent onboarding processes, benefits and leave administration.
The ideal candidate brings at least 2 years’ of administrative and human resources experience and has a solid grasp on managing new hire onboarding and benefits programs. With their dynamic personality, they get along well with all personality types, take confidentiality seriously and are passionate about making a difference. This role is ideal for candidates with some HR experience who wish to grow in their existing HR career.
About the Role:
- Conduct phone interviews
- Schedule follow up interviews with candidates passing phone screening
- Schedule and manage pre-employment on-boarding, background checks, medical clearance, etc
- Maintain job postings
- Answer recruitment inquiries by email and phone
- Assist external and internal candidates with the online application system
- Track candidate progress
- Assist hiring managers with the online application system
- Respond to inquiries about benefits, retirement plans, vacation/sick time, leaves of absence
- Explain benefits policies and programs, legal rights, eligibility and requirements
- Maintain records in Human Resources Information Systems (HRIS) and paper files
- Prepare workers' compensation and leave of absence packets
- File WC claims
- Follow up on work status reports
- Assist with on-boarding of new hires, including orientations
- Communicate with 3rd party vendors (ie insurance carriers, ADP, brokers) and employees
- Resolve benefits issues and claims
- Open Enrollment activities (coordinate meetings, distribute enrollment materials, etc)
- Enroll employees into group health insurance plans
- Regularly review and reconcile vendor invoices
- Administer benefits and Leave of Absence (LOA)
- Accurately apply health benefit deductions
- Complete verification of employment requests
- Process claims for unemployment insurance and worker's compensation
This is not a comprehensive list of duties.
About The Candidate:
- AA+ degree (PLUS)
- 2+ years’ experience in administrative support roles (MUST)
- 1+ years’ experience in human resources (MUST)
- 1+ years’ experience in human resources practices and procedures with benefits, leaves and Workers' Compensation (PLUS)
- Intermediate computer skills including MS Office – Word, Excel, Powerpoint (MUST)
- Intermediate ADP software skills (MUST)
- Personality, Characteristics and Skills: excellent written and verbal communication, able to multi-task and prioritize, able to work independently, organized, detail oriented, positive attitude, customer service oriented, friendly, leadership, ability to write clearly and concisely, excellent grammar, ability to anticipate needs, analyze issues, conflict resolution, good math skills
Generous benefits and perks: Medical insurance, Dental insurance, Vision insurance, Paid holidays, Paid vacation, Paid sick time, Short-term disability insurance, Long-term disability insurance, Paid life insurance, Supplemental life insurance, Retirement savings plans, Credit union, Comprehensive onboarding process, Promotion opportunities for employees, Employee discounts, sponsored events and activities
Equal Opportunity Employer considering qualified applicants in accordance with applicable state and federal laws, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.