Audit Senior - Accounting
Los Angeles, CA 90067 | Direct Hire
We seek a detail oriented, experienced auditor for our client, a multi-office accounting firm with throughout California. An ideal candidate brings 3+ years of audit related accounting experience, is comfortable working with all levels of clients and colleagues and likes using cutting edge accounting tools and procedures.
Audit Seniors are client facing and work directly with all levels of staff and management. They oversee audit engagements, account management and ensure that audits are completed accurately while offering the best solutions to clients.
Known for their innovative customer service, our client uses proprietary software that integrates data management for a streamlined experience and provides online products that offer customers real time access to their accounts. As an industry leader, they are frequently called upon to provide expert testimony in court and guest lectures to colleagues around the world. Internally, they see themselves as a family and plan fun social activities that reinforce the bond enjoyed at the office. This is a great place to work!
Career Strategies Inc is a national staffing firm that provides temporary and direct hire staffing services to outstanding firms located throughout the United States. For over 28 years, we have helped thousands of talented candidates find fulfilling careers in a variety of industries including technology, entertainment, marketing, real estate, finance and accounting.
$65k+ for the right candidate (Salary is DOE)
- Manage audit assignments across several industries
- Develop an expertise on each client’s business
- Complete daily audit engagement activities
- Manage client engagements from start to finish
- Manage client audit budgets
- Direct team members assigned to audit engagement
- Complete financial statements and audits
- Prepare financial statements and support documents (i.e. disclosures, reportable conditions letters)
- Determine and disclose technical matters to clients and upper management
- Communicate effectively and thoroughly with management, staff and clients
- Follow compliance with established internal control procedures on all matters
- Maintain internal controls
- Recommend new policies and procedures
- Document audit tests, findings and conclusions
- Perform accounting research
- Test analytical procedures
- Identify audit issues and outline solutions
About The Candidate:
- BA degree (or higher) in accounting, finance or other related (MUST)
- 3+ years’ experience in public accounting (MUST)
- 2+ years’ experience in audit related issues (MUST)
- CPA certification – or soon to be completed (MUST)
- Advanced computer skills including accounting/tax software, MS Office (MUST)
- Personality and skills: comprehensive tax research abilities, detail oriented, strong verbal and written communication, follow instructions well, time management, highly organized, meticulous, proactive, motivational, excellent management skills
Benefits: top benefits, fun company events and atmosphere, quarterly socials, after deadline celebrations, cupcake events, and so much more
Equal Opportunity Employer considering qualified candidates in accordance with state and federal laws, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.