Audit Senior Associate
Los Angeles, CA 90067
We seek a detail-oriented, experienced Audit Senior Associate for our client, a public accounting firm located in the greater Los Angeles area. This exciting TEMPORARY opportunity is expected to last from January 2019 through May 2019 but could go longer.
Our client one of is the largest professional accounting service firms in the US with a network of 2,700 professionals. They are committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace and giving back to the community. Driven by a sense of excellence, lifelong learning, mutual respect, adaptability and making a difference, they value employee collaboration in everything. Employees enjoy strong professional development programs and a flexible work environment with competitive benefits.
The Audit Senior Associate is client facing and works directly with all levels of staff and management. They act as primary lead on client engagements, walkthroughs, review financial statements and papers in addition to identifying audit issues.
The ideal candidate is a CPA with a BS or higher in Accounting. They are detail-oriented and bring at least 2 years of audit & public accounting experience using US GAAP, GAAS and PCAOB rules and standards.
About the Position
- Review and prepare financial statements, footnotes, and work papers
- Provide constructive suggestions to improve client operations
- Analyze client transactions
- Review and spotlight potential or existing problems
- Performs related research
- Act as primary point-of-contact for selected clients
- Manage client engagements from start to finish
- Plan for client engagements
- Produce and provide client deliverables
- Develop detailed engagement work plans with budgets and schedules
- Manage schedule adjustments to managers, partners and clients
- Develop client relationships
- Complete daily audit engagement tasks
- Manage client audit budgets
- Direct team members assigned to audit engagement
- Prepare financial statements and support documents (i.e. disclosures, reportable conditions letters)
- Determine and disclose technical matters to clients and upper management
- Communicate effectively and thoroughly with management, staff and clients
- Follow compliance with established internal control procedures on all matters
- Maintain internal controls
- Recommend new policies and procedures
- Document audit tests, findings and conclusions
- Perform accounting research
- Test analytical procedures
- Identify audit issues and outline solutions
This list of duties is not comprehensive.
About the Candidate:
- BA/BS (or higher) in accounting (MUST)
- 3+ years’ experience in public accounting (MUST)
- 2+ years’ experience in audit related issues (MUST)
- CPA designation (PLUS)
- 2+ years’ experience in US GAAP, GAAS, and PCAOB rules and standards, FAR and CAS (MUST)
- 2+ years’ experience using audit software sucvh as ProSystems or GoSystems, and Caseware (PLUS)
- Advanced computer skills including audit prep/accounting/tax software, MS Office (MUST)
- Personality and skills: comprehensive tax research abilities, mentoring, relationship management, detail oriented, strong verbal and written communication, follow instructions well, time management, highly organized, meticulous, proactive, motivational, excellent management skills
Equal Opportunity Employer considering qualified candidates in accordance with state and federal laws, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.