Audit Senior Associate
Santa Monica, CA 90404
We are interviewing for the position of Audit Senior Associate for our client, a prestigious, public accounting firm in the Santa Monica area. This role may supervise up to two other accountants.
Ranked in the Top 25 of the Los Angeles Business Journal’s largest accounting firms list, they offer opportunities for upward mobility and personal growth in a dynamic work environment as well as excellent on-the-job training, cutting-edge technology, and diverse work assignments offering accounting, audit, tax, business management and consulting services.
The ideal candidate must have public accounting, financial statement auditing experience currently or in recent years (candidates coming from in-house positions must have at least 3 years public accounting experience). No client visits currently unless necessary - Weekends and overtime will be required during busy season – currently staff is working 40-hour week.
Career Strategies Inc is a national staffing firm that provides temporary and direct hire staffing services to outstanding firms located throughout the United States. For over 30 years, we have helped thousands of talented candidates find fulfilling careers in a variety of industries including technology, entertainment, marketing, real estate, finance and accounting.
About the Role:
- Audit tax projects
- Generate reports
- Perform risk analysis
- Monitor large accounting
- Prepare management letters
- Research and analyze statement
- Maintain day-to-day client relationships
- Review the work of other staff for accuracy
- Work with team to meet client expectations
- Ensure timely preparation of financial statements and investor reports
- Establish, monitor and enforce accounting policies and procedures
- Develop and maintain internal controls
- Review books and records
- Other duties as assigned
About the Candidate:
- 3+ years’ experience public accounting (MUST)
- BA in Accounting, Finance, Business or related equivalent (MUST)
- CPA Certification or in progress (PLUS) SEC Experience (PLUS)
- Advanced computer skills including MS Excel and MS Word (MUST)
- Personality, Characteristics and Skills: honest, reliable, advanced written and oral communication, able to multi-task, able to work independently, self-motivated, organized, efficient, team player, advanced MS Excel skills, meticulous, detail oriented, analytical, positive attitude
- Medical, dental, vision, life, and disability insurance
- Generous personal days off and paid holidays
- 401(k) and other benefit plans
- Paid training opportunities and continuing professional education
- Reimbursement for CPA review courses
- Reimbursement for professional membership fees; rideshare reimbursement
- Casual dress office
Equal Opportunity Employer considering qualified candidates in accordance with state and federal laws, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.