Banquet Department Supervisor - Hospitality Industry
La Puente, CA 91744 | Direct Hire
We seek an experienced Banquet Manager for a position with our client, our client, a first class resort.
The Banquet Manager is responsible for the service and quality of all banquet and meeting functions, guest satisfaction and the recruiting, supervision and continued training of all banquet department staff members. They implement marketing strategies to increase business, coordinate and oversee events held in banquet areas and regularly review staffing performance to determine areas requiring improvement and mentoring.
Our client, a sprawling resort, features a luxury hotel and grandly remodeled golf course. The recipient of multiple industry awards, they are considered one of the top courses on the West Coast, complete with state of the art upgrades. They host numerous charity events, business functions, conventions and entertainment throughout the year. Employees consider this a great place to work and list the lively events, fantastic staff camaraderie and supportive management that combine to provide a fun work atmosphere and career momentum. Their benefits package is comprehensive with many perks, including complimentary meals, use of the facilities (with a semi-private golf club), special partner discounts, employer matched 401k, paid sick and personal days, full health insurance benefits and much more.
The ideal candidate has at least 5+ years of progressively challenging positions in the hospitality industry with specific food and beverage industry management experience. They have a bachelor’s degree in business and current, related TIPS and ServSafe certifications. They excel at troubleshooting and providing patient, helpful support to their colleagues.
About the Role:
- Plan and manage event timelines
- Direct staff assignments in banquets, bars and kitchens
- Interview and hire staff
- Train and develop all levels of staff
- Maintain effective communication with all departments including catering, sales, kitchen, AV, engineering, banquet production, purchasing, marketing, accounting, human resources, stewarding and culinary
- Provide information on all menus, prices, service charges and room capabilities
- Promote the department to maximize revenue and profit potential
- Attend meetings
- Ensure visual appeal of food and beverage displays, carts, buffets and coffee service stations
- Plan staff schedules to anticipate volume of business
- Review financial plans and create forecast documents
- Prepare 14 day food and beverage forecast
- Review and maintain comprehensive SOPs
- Regularly review and implement customer service and merchandising improvements
- Ensure that guests receive services in a clean, safe and enjoyable environment
- Schedule maintenance, repair and cleaning of equipment and facilities
- Comply with local fire, health and safety regulations
- Recruits, provides department orientation, trains and motivates staff
- Review employee grooming, uniforms and nametags
- Set and manage budgets
- Hold monthly departmental meetings
- Stay current with industry trends and apply worthy changes
May be required to work occasional weekend and holiday hours and may include periods of frequent overtime.
This is not a comprehensive list of duties.
About The Candidate:
- 3+ years’ experience in Banquet Management experience
- Knowledge of hotel/conference/resort protocol and procedure (MUST)
- Bilingual Spanish (PLUS)
- Flexible scheduling availability (MUST)
- Certifications: TIPS Alcohol Certification, ServSafe California Food Handler Certification (MUST)
- Intermediate computer skills in PC environment including: POS systems (ie Micros), MS Office (Word, Outlook, Excel, Powerpoint) and Delphi (MUST)
- Personality: passionate about the hospitality industry, advanced math, great decision maker, patient, graceful under pressure, excellent customer service, oral and written communication skills, punctual, team leader, supportive
BENEFITS: include an employer matched 401K, free recreational facility use (Golf Course), complimentary meals, partner pricing discounts, 2 weeks paid vacation, paid sick & personal days, health insurance benefits including dental and vision
Equal Opportunity Employer considering qualified applicants in accordance with applicable state and federal laws, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.