Banquet Manager - Hospitality Industry
La Puente, CA 91744 | Direct Hire
We are currently interviewing Banquet Managers for a position with our client, a first class hotel featuring a sprawling golf course. They have been the recipient of multiple industry awards.
The Banquet Manager is responsible for the service and quality of all banquet and meeting functions, guest satisfaction and the recruiting, supervision and continued training of all banquet department staff members.
The ideal candidate has at least 3 years of progressively challenging positions, including management, in the banquets and hospitality industry.
- Plan and manage event timelines
- Interview and hire staff
- Train and develop all levels of staff
- Maintain effective communication with all departments including catering, sales, kitchen, AV, engineering, banquet production, purchasing, marketing, accounting, human resources, stewarding and culinary
- Provide information on all menus, prices, service charges and room capabilities
- Promote the department to maximize revenue and profit potential
- Attend meetings
- Ensure visual appeal of food and beverage displays, carts, buffets and coffee service stations
- Plan staff schedules to anticipate volume of business
- Review financial plans and create forecast documents
- Review and maintain comprehensive SOPs
- Ensure that guests receive services in a clean, safe and enjoyable environment
- Schedule maintenance, repair and cleaning of equipment and facilities
- Comply with local fire, health and safety regulations
- Recruits, provides department orientation, trains and motivates staff
- Review employee grooming, uniforms and nametags
- Set and manage budgets
- Hold monthly departmental meetings
About The Candidate:
May be required to work occasional weekend and holiday hours and may include periods of frequent overtime.
- 3+ years’ experience in Banquet Management experience
- Knowledge of hotel/conference/resort protocol and procedure (MUST)
- Bilingual Spanish (PLUS)
- Flexible scheduling availability (MUST)
- Certifications: TIPS Alcohol Certification, ServSafe California Food Handler Certification (MUST)
- Intermediate computer skills in PC environment including: POS systems (ie Micros), MS Office (Word, Outlook, Excel, Powerpoint) and Delphi (MUST)
- Personality: passionate about the hospitality industry, advanced math, great decision maker, patient, graceful under pressure, excellent customer service, oral and written communication skills, punctual
Equal Opportunity Employer considering qualified candidates in accordance with state and federal laws, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.