Bilingual Admitting Coordinator - Spanish
Glendale, CA 91210
We are interviewing bilingual Spanish/English Admitting Coordinators for our client’s Los Angeles hospital for a temporary assignment.
Admission Coordinators match patients with the appropriate level of care, screen symptoms, admit patients and resolve disputes. They also assist with admissions paperwork, confirm medical coverage or benefits and answer patient questions.
Ideal candidates bring solid medical industry experience, a dedicated attitude to ensure quality customer service and 3+ years’ experience in hospital admissions.
Career Strategies Inc is a national staffing firm that provides temporary and direct hire staffing services to outstanding firms located throughout the United States. For over 30 years, we have helped thousands of talented candidates find fulfilling careers in a variety of industries including technology, entertainment, marketing, real estate, finance and accounting.
About the Position:
- Review patient referrals to identify necessary services
- Prepare admissions reports
- Collect, analyze and summarize data and trends
- Investigate and resolve patient/family concerns
- Recommend changes to admission criteria and procedures
- Act as patient advocate and liaison
- Complete admission and financial forms
- Coordinate physical, social, emotional and related transportation services
- Communicate key requirements of patient needs and physician orders
- Compare patient's symptoms to admission criteria
- Evaluate patients
- Refer patients to other programs and institutions
- Coordinate delivery of medical equipment and supplies
- Special assignments
This is not a comprehensive list of tasks associated with this position.
About the Candidate:
- Bachelor’s degree (PLUS)
- Bilingual – Spanish and English (MUST)
- 3+ years’ experience in healthcare environment (MUST)
- 3+ years’ experience as admissions coordinator (MUST)
- 2+ years’ experience working with HMO/PPO, Managed Care, Medicare/Medi-Cal (MUST)
- Accurate data entry and typing skills of 45 WPM+ (MUST)
- Intermediate computer/software skills: Outlook, Word, Excel, Powerpoint (MUST)
- Desired Personality Traits and Advanced Skills: accurate data entry, able to communicate clearly and concisely, ability to recognize trends, analyze and prioritize issues, attention to detail, organized, conflict/problem resolution, unwavering integrity, confidentiality, discretion
Equal Opportunity Employer considering qualified candidates in accordance with state and federal laws, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.