Bilingual Spanish/English Payroll Analyst
Sun Valley, CA 91353 | Contract to Hire
We are currently interviewing professionals for a fantastic Temp to Hire bilingual Payroll Analyst opportunity with our client in the Valley.
Our client, a grocery chain, began as a family enterprise built on hard work and the owners’ dedication to customer service with a smile, stocking only the highest quality products and catering to niche audiences. With nearly 50 stores throughout California, they employ over 8000 employees and positively impact 80+ communities. They carry their family values origin over to efforts that impact every community they serve and are actively support the Children’s Miracle Network, Aisles of Smiles and the Muscular Dystrophy Association. As well as numerous local non-profit organizations that range from churches to schools to charities.
This role monitors and evaluates payroll adherence to policies and procedures by auditing payroll records and processes. They analyze practices and suggest improvements based on details reports that show past and current issues.
The ideal candidate welcomes the opportunity to provide short to long term support, with a possibility to go permanent if the fit is awesome! They are bilingual (Spanish/English) and bring an accounting degree with 4+ years in full cycle payroll using MAS200, SAGE HRMS & Kronos. Our client seeks candidates who strive for excellence!
About the Position:
- Audit payroll records for accuracy
- Generate audit reports with conclusions and recommendations
- Manage record of errors using advanced Excel skills
- Audit full cycle payroll regularly
- Recognize and escalate potential issues to management with suggested resolutions
- Analyze issues to determine root causes
- Implement workable solutions to repeated issues
- Train best practice solutions to team members
- Identify and train best practice improvements
- Define operation standards for new processes
- Provide backup coverage as needed
- Attend and provide input at team meetings
- Propose new ideas and solutions to increase process efficiency
- Delegate tasks for team members
- Assist with payroll as needed
- Audit employee time and attendance
- Perform and provide reports for periodic internal audits of payroll
- Provide data and documents for internal and external auditors
- Research and resolve payroll issues
- Special tasks or projects as requested
This is not a comprehensive list of duties.
About the Candidate:
- BA in business, accounting or related (MUST)
- 5+ years full cycle payroll (MUST)
- Bilingual English/Spanish (MUST)
- FCP / CPP certifications (PLUS)
- 2+ years’ experience with in-house payroll systems, MAS200, SAGE HRMS & Kronos (PLUS)
- Intermediate computer skills with MS Office, including Word and Excel (MUST)
- 2+ years’ experience working with big box retailer (PLUS)
- Personality and skills: attention to detail, analytical, strong math skills, organized, motivated and self-starter, strong verbal and written communication, time management, dependable, customer service oriented, ability to multi-task
Equal Opportunity Employer considering qualified candidates in accordance with state and federal laws, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.