Bookkeeper at Security Company
Los Angeles, CA 90036
We seek an experienced bookkeeper to support our client’s security company in Los Angeles.
This role assists with day-to-day accounting and finance activities including payroll (including timecard tracking), reports, accounts receivable, accounts payable and additional services for the company.
The ideal candidate has a minimum of 3 years’ experience providing bookkeeping services and keeps meticulous records. They are used to working with HIGHLY confidential information, bring advanced Excel skills and have great customer service skills.
About the Opportunity:
- Daily bookkeeping
- Accounts payable (A/P)
- Accounts receivable (A/R)
- Use advanced Excel skills (pivot tables, V-lookups, macros)
- Organize office
- Manage office expenses and budget
- Review and process timecards and payroll
- Provide monthly reconciliation reports
- Prepare and present reports regularly (cash flow, profit and loss, balance sheet)
- Audit and follow up on invoices (matched against purchase orders)
- Reconcile accounts payable (A/P) and accounts receivable (A/R)
- Track expenses
- Balance and maintain ledgers
- Process daily transactions
- Prepare and post journal entries to the general ledger
- Implement internal process, policy and control improvements
- Back up database files
- Maintain filing and records
- Ad hoc projects and assignments
This is not a comprehensive list of duties.
About the Candidate:
- BA+ degree in business, finance or accounting (PLUS)
- 2+ years’ experience providing A/P and A/R services (MUST)
- 3+ years’ experience in general accounting using GAAP (MUST)
- Bilingual Spanish (PLUS)
- Advanced computer skills, including Excel, Quickbooks and other accounting software (MUST)
- Personality: highly motivated, self-starter, organized, diligent, detail orientated, analytical, excellent communication skills (both written and verbal), organized, team player, works well with groups, ethical, discrete, able to effectively engage with personnel at all levels, polished professional demeanor
Equal Opportunity Employer considering qualified candidates in accordance with state and federal laws, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.