Bookkeeper for Commercial Real Estate Firm
Beverly Hills, CA 90211
We seek an experienced bookkeeper for our client’s privately held commercial Real Estate firm, managing several quality healthcare facilities that are home to some of the top medical professionals in the country.
This role assists with day-to-day accounting and finance activities including payroll (including timecard tracking), reports, accounts receivable, accounts payable and additional services for the company.
Schedule flexibility is key: Hours are Monday, Wednesday and Friday from 11am to 7 pm. Tuesday and Thursday hours are 10 am to 6 pm.
The ideal candidate has a minimum of 3 years’ experience providing bookkeeping services and keeps meticulous records. They are used to working with HIGHLY confidential information, bring advanced Excel skills and have great customer service skills.
Career Strategies Inc is a national staffing firm that provides temporary and direct hire staffing services to outstanding firms located throughout the United States. For over 28 years, we have helped thousands of talented candidates find fulfilling careers in a variety of industries including technology, entertainment, marketing, real estate, finance and accounting.
About the Position:
- Accounts receivable (A/R)
- Prepare and send invoices
- Collect and deposit rent payments
- Audit and follow up on invoices (matched against purchase orders)
- Update Yardi records
- Assist tenants with billing discrepancies
- Create accurate monthly and annual financial reports (Aging Reports, Cash Flow, Balance Sheets)
- Accounts payable (A/P)
- Collect, verify and deposit income from parking and café, monitoring profit
- Daily bookkeeping
- Use advanced Excel skills
- Create and maintain a spreadsheet showing the monthly financial activity of 8 entities
- Receive, verify validity, cut checks, record, mail
- Write checks from entities and distribute correctly
- Keep organized files and records
- Prepare information for tax purposes
- Manage office expenses and budget
- Prepare and present reports regularly (cash flow, profit and loss, balance sheet)
- Stay current on federal and state tax law changes
- Balance and maintain ledgers
- Process daily transactions
- Prepare and post journal entries to the general ledger
- Ad hoc projects and assignments
This is not a comprehensive list of tasks associated with this position.
About The Candidate:
- BA+ degree (PLUS)
- 4+ years’ experience providing bookkeeping services (MUST)
- 1+ years’ experience in property management industry (PLUS)
- Software: Yardi Voyager (MUST)
- Software: Advanced Excel, Quickbooks (MUST)
- Intermediate+ computer skills (MUST)
- Personality: highly motivated, self-starter, organized, diligent, detail orientated, analytical, excellent communication skills (both written and verbal), organized, team player, works well with groups, ethical, discrete, able to effectively engage with personnel at all levels, polished professional demeanor
Equal Opportunity Employer considering qualified candidates in accordance with state and federal laws, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.