Buyer / Purchasing - Electronic Components
Sun Valley, CA 91352 | Contract to Hire
We seek a Production Materials Buyer (Electronics) for our client’s busy, international water feature design company.
Our client, an award-winning water feature design company built on the vision of its founders, talented theme park engineers. Some of their more famous works (both domestic and international) are enjoyed by millions of visitors each year and incorporate other elements such as fire and lighting effects. Their innovating, ground-breaking designs have led to numerous technological patents and many consider them the authority in water feature design.
The Electronics Buyer manages the supplier network of all system components and works closely with multi-disciplinary teams, including Product Development, Engineering and Materials to determine project scope and needs for new and existing products.
Ideal candidates bring 6+ years’ experience in an electronics buyer role with direct knowledge of solid state lighting, electrostatic discharge, electronic controls and surface mount technology. They have a BA+ and a background in the water feature industry. They are known for their upbeat and helpful personality.
About the Position:
- Research potential materials suppliers
- Review quotes from vendors to determine best suppliers
- Place supply orders for new and existing projects
- Negotiate purchase contracts and bids
- Review and approve purchase requisitions
- Prepare data sheets
- Evaluate materials before purchasing
- Manage supplier certifications
- Stay current with product information and industry trends
- Prepare pricing forecasts
- Communicate concerns about risks or material availability
- Regularly source and confirm availability of materials
- Resolve issues related to defective materials, shortages, delivery, pricing or quality
- Recommend process improvements that improve lead times and pricing
- Site visits to suppliers
- Implement improvements and eliminate non-value added tasks
- Special projects as requested
This is not a comprehensive list of duties.
About the Candidate:
- BA degree (MUST)
- 10+ years’ experience sourcing materials and supplies (MUST)
- 7+ years’ experience sourcing electronic components (MUST)
- 3+ years’ experience with solid state lighting, electrostatic discharge and surface mount technology (MUST)
- 3+ years’ experience in contract negotiations (MUST)
- Advanced knowledge of electronic controls and related systems (MUST)
- Intermediate computer skills including Word, Excel, Outlook, learning new software (MUST)
- Personality, Skills and Characteristics: contract negotiation, conflict resolution, logistics, resourceful, "can-do" attitude, strong organizational skills, analytical, multi-tasker, interpersonal skills, team player, ability to prioritize, able to meet deadlines, able to work in fast paced environment, solid customer service skills
Equal Opportunity Employer considering qualified candidates in accordance with state and federal laws, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.