Case Manager, RN with Acute Care Experience
Los Angeles, CA 90027
We seek a Case Manager for our client’s well-established healthcare facility.
Our client is a leading acute care facility committed to providing quality medical and nursing care to Los Angeles’ local multicultural communities. They employ over 500 physicians of an expansive range of specialties.
This Case Manager coordinates and advocates for those requiring extensive services to ensure that they experience desirable outcomes, including efficient use of resources, appropriate lengths of stay and patient satisfaction throughout their care.
The ideal candidate is an RN, with 2+ years’ experience in acute care and has completed a Case Management program. They bring solid medical industry experience, 2+ years’ as a case manager, as well as both a BLS and Fire card.
Career Strategies Inc is a national staffing firm that provides temporary and direct hire staffing services to outstanding firms located throughout the United States. For over 30 years, we have helped thousands of talented candidates find fulfilling careers in a variety of industries including technology, entertainment, marketing, real estate, finance and accounting.
About the Position:
- Assess patients to determine if they meet appropriate criteria for acute care admission
- Assess severity of illness and intensity of service required
- Assess qualification for various departments: ICU, Med/Surg, OB, Peds, Rehab
- Interview patients or related to identify post care needs
- Identify and arrange ancillary services (HHC, HME, Hospice, transport, etc).
- Coordinate patient transfers
- Refer patients to allied health and community resources
- Provide clinical consultation
- Initiate multidisciplinary care consultations
- Facilitate discharge plans
- Provide assistance to parties about insurance criteria and government regulation
- Deliver letters of denial, re-determination, and referrals
- Communicate TB screening and discharges to Health Department as appropriate
- Use age specific care when working directly with patients
- Pulling files for TARs
- Appeal errors discovered
- Special assignments
This is not a comprehensive list of duties.
About the Candidate:
- RN program graduate or higher (MUST)
- Case Management Course graduate/completion (PLUS)
- 2+ years’ experience as an acute care RN (MUST)
- 2+ years’ experience as a case manager (MUST)
- 3+ years’ experience in healthcare environment (MUST)
- BLS Card (MUST)
- Fire Card (MUST)
- Intermediate computer/software skills: Outlook, Word, Excel, Powerpoint (MUST)
- Desired Personality Traits and Advanced Skills: accurate data entry, able to communicate clearly and concisely, attention to detail, organized, conflict/problem resolution, unwavering integrity, confidentiality, discretion
Equal Opportunity Employer considering qualified candidates in accordance with state and federal laws, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.