Certified Medical Coder
Los Angeles, CA 90048 | Contract to Hire
We are interviewing State Certified Medical Coders for multiple positions with our client, a major local hospital. This role begins as Full Time Temp but may convert into FT permanent for the right employee.
Our client is a Hollywood area hospital known for excellent customer service and award-winning obstetrics, orthopedics and cardiology departments, among others. This position offers a great opportunity to grow with this amazing team of caring and talented professionals who provide quality and innovative care to the surrounding multi-cultural community.
Healthcare Medical Coders analyze medical documentation and assign correct diagnosis and procedure codes to patient records.
Ideal candidates bring a BA with solid hospital coding experience, inpatient and outpatient support experience and a dedicated attitude to helping the community by ensuring top service! Candidates MUST be state certified.
About the Position:
- Review medical / patient charts
- Assign ICD-10-CM and/or CPT codes
- Stay current with compliance regulations and rules
- Complete assignments accurately and timely
- Performs all other duties as assigned
- Revenue Cycle
- Outpatient, infusion, charge capture and OP coding
- Special assignments
This is not a comprehensive list of tasks associated with this position.
About the Candidate:
- Bachelor’s degree (PLUS)
- 5+ years' healthcare billing / coding (MUST)
- CPC, RHIT, CCS coding certification (MUST)
- Knowledge of medical terminology, coding, and ICD-9, CPT (MUST)
- Intermediate computer/software skills: Outlook/Word/Excel/Powerpoint (MUST)
- Desired Personality Traits and Advanced Skills: ability to write clearly and concisely, strong interpersonal communication, ability to anticipate needs and problems, analyze and prioritize issues, attention to detail, organized, conflict/problem resolution, effective written and verbal communication, unwavering integrity, confidentiality, discretion
Equal Opportunity Employer considering qualified candidates in accordance with state and federal laws, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.