Certified Medical Coder
Santa Monica, CA
A well-established doctor's office in Santa Monica is looking for an In-house Certified Medical Coder (ER/OP/OPA) - Health Information Management with an excellent work ethic.
Certified Medical Coders analyze medical documentation and assign correct diagnosis and procedure codes to patient records.
Ideal candidates bring 4+ years of solid hospital coding experience, inpatient and outpatient support experience and a dedicated attitude to helping the community by ensuring top service! Candidates MUST be certified.
Career Strategies Inc is a national staffing firm that provides temporary and direct hire staffing services to outstanding firms located throughout the United States. For over 30 years, we have helped thousands of talented candidates find fulfilling careers in a variety of industries including technology, entertainment, marketing, real estate, finance and accounting.
About the Position:
- Front and back coding
- Review medical / patient charts
- Review claims and diagnosis/procedure coding
- Assign ICD-10-CM and/or CPT codes
- Stay current with compliance regulations and rules
- Complete assignments accurately and timely
- Outpatient, infusion, charge capture and OP coding
- Special assignments
- Performs all other duties as assigned
About the Candidate:
High School diploma or GED/CCS (MUST) CCS-P, CPC-H, CPC (PLUS)
3+ years of medical coding experience (MUST)
Strong working knowledge of CPT, Modifiers, ICD10CM and PCS (MUST)
Familiarity with Charge Description Master Legend (CDML), Medical Records documentation and PBS timelines and billing practices (MUST)
Medical Oncology knowledge (MUST)
This is not a comprehensive list of tasks associated with this position.
About the Candidate:
- High School diploma or GED/CCS (MUST) CCS-P, CPC-H, CPC (PLUS)
- 3+ years of medical coding experience (MUST)
- Strong working knowledge of CPT, Modifiers, ICD10CM and PCS (MUST)
- Familiarity with Charge Description Master Legend (CDML), Medical Records documentation and PBS timelines and billing practices (MUST)
- Medical Oncology knowledge (MUST)
Equal Opportunity Employer considering qualified candidates in accordance with state and federal laws, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.