Co-Chief Compliance Officer
Los Angeles, CA 90067
Our client is a Century City-based investment advisory firm with over $27 billion in assets under management is seeking an exceptional Co-Chief Compliance Officer.
Our client provides investment and wealth management solutions to institutions, broker-dealers and high-net-worth individuals throughout the United States with multiple branch offices. They are well-respected among peers and are frequently called upon to share investment insight with national publications and news organizations. In the office, they maintain a culture of accessibility that promotes an open door, open discussion, policy and strive for an atmosphere that facilitates learning and doing great work. They are active in many charitable organizations, including projects dedicated to using sport and scholarship to help learning disabled children.
The Deputy Chief Compliance Officer ensures compliance with regulatory agencies, adherence to company policies and procedures and maintains the company’s standards of conduct.
The ideal candidate comes with 10+ years’ experience in investment advisory compliance. They bring in depth knowledge of institutional and fund marketplaces, the Investment Adviser and Investment Company Acts of 1940, securities’ law including ERISA, FINRA and State regulations, portfolio compliance and have worked with the SEC in prior roles.
About the Opportunity:
- Ensure compliance with applicable federal and state laws and regulations
- Current knowledge of SEC, ERISA, FINRA and other state agencies
- Oversee compliance practices in financial management (40 ACT funds, wealth advisory, wrap lines)
- Assist with annual compliance reports
- Prepare regulatory filings (form ADV, 13F, 13G and foreign company)
- Maintain company compliance manuals
- Monitor sales and marketing activities for compliance
- Monitor personal trading compliance
- Monitor portfolio transaction and trading compliance
- Monitor mutual fund compliance
- Oversee Fund regulatory and internal records
- Assist with vendor and client contract preparation
- Assist with Virtus compliance and registrations
- Manage continuing education requirements
- Attend meetings for specific committees
- Test and develop compliance procedures
- Identify problems with compliance and propose solutions
- Special projects, as requested
This list of duties is not comprehensive.
About the Candidate:
- BA degree (MUST)
- 10+ years’ experience as a compliance officer (MUST)
- 8+ years’ experience with an investment advisory firm (MUST)
- 8+ years’ experience working with institutional and fund marketplaces (MUST)
- 5+ years’ experience with the Investment Adviser and Investment Company Acts of 1940 (MUST)
- 3+ years’ experience working with the SEC (PLUS)
- 3+ years’ experience working with securities’ law including ERISA, FINRA and State regulations (PLUS)
- 3+ years’ experience working with portfolio compliance, trading, marketing and back office (MUST)
- Intermediate computer skills including MS Office with Word and Excel (MUST)
- Personality, Characteristics and Skills: leadership, customer service oriented, advanced written and verbal communication skills, professional, excellent follow through, detail oriented, positive attitude, able to multi-task and work independently, organized, team player, critical thinker, honest, excellent management skills
Equal Opportunity Employer considering qualified candidates in accordance with state and federal laws, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.