Collections – Specialty Auto Parts Distribution
Canoga Park, CA 91304 | Contract to Hire
Are you an experienced collections professional looking for a temporary opportunity? Send us your resume for immediate collections roles with our client in the San Fernando Valley!
Our client distributes over 70,000 original import replacement parts from OEM manufacturers (parts matching factory specs and manufacturing processes) and aftermarket suppliers from multiple warehouses across the country.
The Collections Team provide invoice resolution support for more than 300 suppliers from over 40 countries.
Career Strategies Inc is a national staffing firm that provides temporary and direct hire staffing services to outstanding firms located throughout the United States. For over 28 years, we have helped thousands of talented candidates find fulfilling careers in a variety of industries including technology, entertainment, marketing, real estate, finance and accounting.
About This Role:
- Make outbound calls to arrange collection on past due accounts
- Research and resolve invoicing issues
- Work closely with credit, sales, & warehouse departments to correct invoice discrepancies
- Prepare follow-up documentation to collect funds
- Reconcile customer disputes
- Prepare weekly and monthly reports
- Notify business customers of past due accounts
- Use phones, mail and fax effectively
- Update and maintain digital account information in the collections software program
- Provide courteous and professional customer service
- Guide debtors on debt repayment process and options
- Review accounts
- Post cash applications to customer accounts (high volume)
- ACH posting
- Create RMA’s
- SAP Applications
About The Candidates:
- 2+ years’ experience in business account collections (MUST)
- Customer service and collections experience (MUST)
- College Degree in Accounting (PLUS)
- 2+ years’ experience in corporate environment (PLUS)
- Intermediate computer skills, MS Office (MUST)
- Software experience: SAP software (PLUS)
- Advanced: telephone, communication, judgement, ability to recognize and solve issues, planning, organization, attention to detail, customer service skills, and ability to work independently, diplomatic, deductive reasoning skills
Equal Opportunity Employer considering qualified applicants in accordance with applicable state and federal laws, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.