Commercial Portfolio Operations Manager
Los Angeles, CA 90036 | Direct Hire
We seek a Commercial Portfolio Operations Manager for our client, a private holding company with interests in retail, commercial real estate, oil and other enterprises.
Our client is a family owned and operated holding company with a rich Los Angeles history. In addition to their vast oil and gas, storage facilities and retail properties, they have interests in commercial property as well.
The Commercial Portfolio Operations Manager oversees 15 commercial buildings and acts as the primary point of contact. They manage teams and building operations at each property.
Our client is interested in meeting motivated, self-starters with integrity and a commitment to delivering quality results. The ideal candidate has 7+ years of property management experience in the commercial real estate space and has managed multi-site teams. They excel at assessing a properties strengths and weaknesses, planning cost effective improvements and overseeing transformative changes where needed.
About the Position:
- Hire property managers for commercial properties in their portfolio
- Train and supervise property management teams at commercial properties
- Prepare property operating and capital improvement budgets
- Monitor capital improvement and preventative maintenance schedules
- Participate in standards training
- Some local travel may be required
- Review operating expenses including rent charges and increases and account receivables Assist with financial, vacancy, invoice and rent reporting
- Oversee annual property regulatory compliance and reporting
- Produce monthly operational and performance reports (i.e., variance, leasing, capital investment)
- Site visits
- Develop & maintain marketing plans to ensure a stable occupancy level
- Develop operating budgets and management plans for new properties
- Supervise follow-up on problem resolution
- Troubleshoot and problem solve issues
- Direct daily operations and activities at portfolio properties
- Review monthly and annual reports
- Provide income and expense details for tax return preparation
- Work with outside vendors, procure bids for authorized work
- Ensure building security measures are maintained and incidents are correctly documented
- Execute complex financial analyses
- Design, develop, and implement process improvements
- Support operating and capital budget processes
- Provide portfolio and property variance analyses
- Ad hoc analyses and presentations
This is not a comprehensive list of duties.
About The Candidate:
- BA degree (PLUS)
- 7+ years’ experience in property management and leasing (MUST)
- 4+ years’ experience in the commercial real estate industry (MUST)
- 3+ years’ experience multi-site property management/supervision (MUST)
- Experience coaching and training staff (MUST)
- Intermediate computer skills including Microsoft Suite, Yardi or similar (MUST)
- Personality: detail oriented, analytical, excellent communication skills (both written and verbal), team player, highly organized, ethical, discrete, ability to write clear and professional business correspondence, ability to understand contracts and documents typical to the management of real estate, professional attire and demeanor, organized, analytical, problem-solver, multi-tasker
Benefits: competitive pay, medical, dental, vision, company matched 401(k) plan and much more!
Equal Opportunity Employer considering qualified candidates in accordance with state and federal laws, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.