Commercial Property Manager
Glendale, CA 91210
We seek a professional and experienced Commercial Property Manager to manage three assets (shopping plazas – in Greater Los Angeles) for our client, a family-owned property management company who specializes in strip centers, apartment buildings and grocery/drug store centers. This close team enjoys multiple company events throughout the year to enhance their friendly office atmosphere.
The Property Manager is responsible for all aspects of shopping center management for their assigned portfolio of properties. They direct rental and marketing activities, oversee rent collections and banking, ensure smooth on-site operations and achieve financial and operational objectives. This is an office based position with regular travel to sites for inspections. This role is not a standard M-F 8-5 position, as 24/7 access is required for after-hours emergencies.
Ideal candidates have 5+ years’ experience managing retail shopping plazas, a Bachelors degree or higher and advanced Excel skills.
Career Strategies Inc is a national staffing firm that provides temporary and direct hire staffing services to outstanding firms located throughout the United States. For over 30 years, we have helped thousands of talented candidates find fulfilling careers in a variety of industries including technology, entertainment, marketing, real estate, finance and accounting.
About the Opportunity:
- Inspect shopping centers bi-weekly (incl electrical/fire-risers/janitorial rooms, roofs and parking)
- Generate reports based on bi-weekly inspections
- Manage maintenance, janitorial, landscaping and operations in assigned portfolio
- Ensure cleanliness, upkeep and security at properties
- Address issues related to emergencies, security etc
- Document all emergencies
- Be available for emergency and alarm system calls 24/7
- Manage property leases
- Enforce terms and conditions of all leases
- Enforce rules and regulations
- Obtain proposals or bids for repair and maintenance work and acquire written approval
- Draft and manage vendor service contracts, e.g roof, termite, remediation, maintenance
- Manage alterations, remodeling or improvements at properties
- Oversee rent collections, including associated fees
- Collect outstanding balances
- Prepare annual common area maintenance budgets with associated bids
- Oversee annual inspections
- Assist with billing and collections
- Add receipts, invoices and related paperwork into database
- Respond to tenant inquiries
- Prepare tenant leases paperwork and rent increases
- Prepare utility and tenant-reimbursable expense spreadsheets
- Code invoices
- Work with accounting, administrative, leasing and legal personnel
- Maintain correspondence
- Generate budget spreadsheets
- Prepare lease renewal schedules, amendments, & service contracts
- Maintain tenant relations
- Special projects as assigned
This is not a comprehensive list of duties.
Office based position with regular travel to sites for inspections.
About the Candidate:
- BA+ degree (MUST)
- 5+ years’ experience in commercial property management (MUST)
- 5+ years’ experience in shopping center management (PLUS)
- Able to climb ladders for property inspections (MUST)
- Advanced computer skills: MS Office Suite, advanced Excel (MUST)
- Property management software experience (PLUS)
- Desired Characteristics / Personality: Tech savvy, follow through, listener, excellent judgment, positive, articulate, excellent written and verbal communication skills, organized, multitasker, creative, team player, problem solver, professional, ethical
Equal Opportunity Employer considering qualified candidates in accordance with state and federal laws, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.