Los Angeles, CA US
We are looking for a project base computational designer to join a team of like-minded, self-starting and diversified collaborative team to help take us a high profile project in Los Angeles to a fruition. The opportunity is to join an existing team that has robust experience in construction creating digital workflows to invent, and deconstruct design of structural systems for a building envelope that is highly unique and geometrically complex. This team works fluidly with between software and helps support the prefabrication efforts all the way down to the installation in the field. Novel ideas have not only been implemented across every facet of this project, the team continues to welcome ideas and unique experience to join and integrate with the whole project to team bring this project to closeout.
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in Architecture, Industrial Design or Computer Science, or a combination of relevant experience, education, and training
- 5+ years’ experience using 2D and 3D design software
- Experience in computational design or advanced CAD design process workflows
- Expert skills with Rhino, Grasshopper, Revit, Excel
- Experience with RhinoInside is a plus
- Experience with large data sets and the organization of data.
- Intermediate-level skills with Python or C#.
- Experience with digital fabrication processes and execution of bringing design to the physical world.
- Experience in the construction or in manufacturing industry is a plus.
- Ability to develop simple and elegant solutions to complex design problems and detailing of constructable solutions.
- Ability to collaborate as part of a multi-disciplinary team; effectively communicate through drawings/sketching, written word and cataloging of ideas, processes and best practices into digestible manuals.
- Organized, able to act independently, able to navigate ambiguity and switch rapidly between different objectives.
- Work fluidity under pressure
- Immediate learn and implement from individual and team mistakes.
Equal Opportunity Employer considering qualified candidates in accordance with state and federal laws, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.