Costa Mesa, CA 92626 | Direct Hire
Experienced Cost Accountants with manufacturing industry knowledge in high demand!
Our client is a well-established, privately owner, manufacturing firm serving the aerospace, military, industrial and medical device industries with highly diversified interests such as display technology and optics. They enjoy an active role in their community with charities including Wounded Warrior Project, SurfRider Foundation and Adopt a Family as well as aggressively encouraging green office policies and providing recyclables to local artists for artistic repurposing. They currently seek a cost accountant to who shares the same values and interest to join their tight knit team.
Cost Accountants prepare and analyze cost reports, material costs, labor and overhead costs, inventory revaluation and variances. They determine and implement cost accounting methods associated with cost of goods transactions and stay current with trends to identify cost improvement opportunities.
Ideal candidates are comfortable with multidisciplinary teams because this role works closely with manufacturing, purchasing, planning and accounting divisions. They’ll also bring experience from general bookkeeping roles for occasional accounts payable and other general accounting support.
- Use knowledge of manufacturing variances, overhead absorption and weighted average cost to determine best practices in material cost methods
- Use knowledge of inventory and COGS accounts reconciliations
- Analyze manufacturing costs
- Prepare reports comparing standard to actual production costs
- Develop cost estimation tools to increase accuracy of cost estimates
- Identify and communicate problematic work orders
- Assist with month-end closing
- Provide monthly gross margin analysis for customers
- Collect and analyze data to determine costs (raw material, inventory, labor standards)
- Conduct physical inventories
- Review and reconcile inventories for inaccuracies
- Monitor cycle count system
- Manage and maintain accounts payables
- Close job orders in a timely manner
- Develop an effective auditing system
- Manage projects from start to completion
- Prepare ad hoc reports, projects and duties
- Account management
About The Candidate:
- Bachelor's Degree (MUST)
- 2+ years’ experience in the cost accounting field (MUST)
- 1+ years’ experience using weighted average costing accounting principles (MUST)
- 1+ years’ experience high mix / low volume manufacturing environment (PLUS)
- 1+ years’ experience with transactional processes in ERP or MRP systems
- Advanced computer skills: accounting software, MS Word, MS Outlook, advanced MS Excel (MUST)
- Ability to learn manufacturing flow in a highly technological environment (MUST)
- Personality and skills: motivated and enthusiastic, detail oriented, strong verbal and written communication, follow instructions well, time management, multi-task, highly organized, meticulous, clear communicator, proactive
Benefits: Medical, dental, vision, life insurance, 401K, Profit Sharing
Equal Opportunity Employer considering qualified candidates in accordance with state and federal laws, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.