Santa Monica, CA 90401
We are interviewing Credentialing Coordinators for a well-established hospital in Santa Monica.
Our client is a Santa Monica area hospital known for excellent customer service and award-winning obstetrics, orthopedics and cardiology departments, among others. This position offers a great opportunity to grow with this amazing team of caring and talented professionals who provide quality and innovative care to the surrounding multi-cultural community.
This Credentialing Coordinator role oversees all aspects of the credentialing process, maintains the medical database and oversees the continued education programs at the hospital.
Ideal candidates bring a BA with solid medical industry experience, a thorough understanding of managing credentialing and continued education programs and a dedicated attitude to helping the community by ensuring top quality medical professionals and administrative staff!
Career Strategies Inc is a national staffing firm that provides temporary and direct hire staffing services to outstanding firms located throughout the United States. For over 30 years, we have helped thousands of talented candidates find fulfilling careers in a variety of industries including technology, entertainment, marketing, real estate, finance and accounting.
About this Position:
- Review applications and associated documents
- Identify issues that require additional investigation and evaluation
- Conduct background investigations
- Monitor the appointment process and credential expirations
- Research and source verification of all application file components
- Provide and interpret data on medical staff members
- Input data into committee minutes
- Prepare notices and documents
- Coordinate committee activities
- Prepare credentials files for presentation to committee members
- Produce appropriate documentation for committee activities
- Manage credentialing activities
- Review and upload accurate documents related to personnel files
- Follow appropriate staff bylaws and deadlines to ensure compliance
- Process applications, reappointments, locum tenens and temporary privileges
- Monitors the Continuing Medical Education (CME) activities
- Special assignments
This list of duties is not comprehensive.
About the Candidate:
- Bachelor’s degree (PLUS)
- CPMSM Certification (PLUS)
- Fire Card (PLUS)
- 2+ years’ experience in healthcare environment (MUST)
- Intermediate computer/software skills: Outlook/Word/Excel/Powerpoint (MUST)
- Desired Personality Traits and Advanced Skills: ability to write clearly and concisely, strong interpersonal communication, ability to anticipate needs and problems, analyze and prioritize issues, attention to detail, organized, conflict/problem resolution, effective written and verbal communication, unwavering integrity, confidentiality, discretion
Equal Opportunity Employer considering qualified candidates in accordance with state and federal laws, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.