Customer Service Rep at Sports Company
Westlake Village, CA 91361
Our client, a major sports equipment manufacturer, seeks a friendly, sports loving Customer Service Representative to join their team for a temp assignment that could go temp to hire.
This team is first point of contact for many customers so we are looking for people who are patient and love talking about the pros and cons of various sports equipment! Candidates should be friendly, outgoing and able to put a smile on their face for every call they answer. This role provides prompt support to retail customers as well as the sales reps by providing information about products, orders and shipments. This is VERY customer-focused and requires an upbeat personality to give clear details that invoke confidence in our client’s products, people and processes.
The ideal candidates are professional, courteous and comfortable with heavy customer support calls. They LOVE SPORTS and would talk about them “just because”… sharing their knowledge of many sports and understanding the basics of the equipment related to each.
Career Strategies Inc is a national staffing firm that provides temporary and direct hire staffing services to outstanding firms located throughout the United States. For over 28 years, we have helped thousands of talented candidates find fulfilling careers in a variety of industries including technology, entertainment, marketing, real estate, finance and accounting.
About the Position:
- Answer support calls
- Triage calls to higher support teams as needed using a support portal
- Liaise between sales reps, buyers and internal departments
- Manage specialty account order books
- Process order documents using Plum River and EDI
- Request processing extensions
- Edit orders to address changes
- Process customer returns
- Data entry
- Liaise with Credit Department to accurately determine terms, credit card accounts and other
- Answer customer inquiries
- Research and provide product information
- Guide customers towards appropriate product selections
- Identify and resolve customer complaints, order and accounts receivable issues etc
- Stay current on company product and promo item knowledge
- Troubleshoot order and shipping complications
- Follow up on issues or concerns, providing updates
- Offer a first class customer support, customer first, attitude
- Create new accounts
This list of duties is not comprehensive. Ability to travel and have access to auto for local travel. Some evening and weekend work
About The Candidate:
- AA+ degree in business, communications or similar (PLUS)
- 4+ years’ experience with customer service, help desk or call center (MUST)
- 2+ years’ experience with EDI or Plum River processing (MUST)
- 2+ years’ experience with SAP environment/software (MUST)
- Love of sports and basic knowledge (PLUS)
- Personality, Characteristics and Skills: highly customer service oriented, advanced written and verbal communication skills, professional, excellent follow through, detail oriented, problem-solver, positive attitude, able to multi-task and work independently, organized, works well with others, critical thinker, honest, proactive, able to meet deadlines, creative
Equal Opportunity Employer considering qualified candidates in accordance with state and federal laws, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.