Nashville, TN 37201 US
The database developer is a person who can communicate on both a technical level and a business level; partnering with the infrastructure team, the application development team and the information management team.
Provides day to day administration of databases, which includes:
- Monitoring and tuning
- SQL optimization,
- Resolving SQL errors and failures,
- Auditing activities, and resource utilization.
- Work with application development teams
- Reviewing and debugging complex SQL and understanding the best ways to incorporate database requests into application programs
- Work with the infrastructure team for backup/recovery issues, capacity planning and enforcing mechanisms for securing data from inappropriate access or data loss.
- Provide technical assistance to the information management team, as appropriate.
- Solve issues, research technologies, and help develop strategies to improve information management processes.
- Knowledgeable of database design concepts as it relates to database optimization and tuning.
- Strong SQL development skills; capable of developing complex SQL scripts, functions and stored procedures.
- Development on the IBM i preferred.
Equal Opportunity Employer