Desktop & Infrastructure Support for Nutritional Product Company
Los Angeles, CA 90035 | Direct Hire
We seek an Infrastructure Support Administrator to join our client, a leading supplier of nutritional supplements.
Desktop and Infrastructure support team members provide the first line of support for hardware and software issues for colleagues so we are looking for people who can explain tech to anyone regardless of that person’s lack of technical expertise. Candidates should be friendly, outgoing and able to put a smile on their face for every call they answer.
Our client is a manufacturer and supplier of health supplements and distributes throughout the United States, Mexico and Canada. Their products include vitamins and minerals, probiotics, herbal concentrates and enteral nutrition products. They maintain an active presence monitoring regulatory matters related to their industry and promote free access to dietary supplements, affordable and "cutting edge" formulations and optimal health as we age. They support numerous studies around the world to regularly asses the effect of nutritional products on the body, so that their products offer the best, most effective formulas to customers. They regularly donate their supplements to organizations around the world if their effort to provide life-saving nutritional aids. Recipients to date include the AIDS Project Los Angeles (dedicated to improving the lives of people affected by HIV disease), Enduring Freedom K.I.A. Fund (providing financial assistance to the families of fallen American soldiers) and Feeding America (domestic hunger-relief). They encourage community involvement and offer a fantastic and supportive environment to thrive!
The ideal candidate offers a wide range of technical capabilities that reach beyond common support desk. They bring a Bachelors in computer science with 5+ years of hands on work in a wide range of operating systems, Active Directory administration, SQL database management and security protocols. They excel at troubleshooting and providing patient, helpful support to their colleagues.
About the Position:
- Provide front line support for hardware and software issues
- Triage calls to higher support teams as needed using a support portal
- Monitor support tickets
- Respond to help queue tickets
- Maintain user assignment profiles and access controls in VOIP
- Explain technical concepts to customers with varying levels of technological skill
- Explain complex technical concepts in easy to understand language
- Support Active Directory, DNS and DHCP
- Create user accounts
- Manage Windows operating systems, MAC OSX and Linux
- Maintain network and authentication protocols (TCP/IP, NAT, VPN, MS Active Directory, NAS, NFS)
- Link workstations to Active Directory
- Manage and monitor firewall
- Update MS exchange as needed (adds, deletes, size changes, distribution list creation & modification)
- Maintain security for server, desktop, mobile device, and network
- Manage virtual hardware techniques
- Manage backup procedure and technology
- Troubleshoot connectivity, MS Office, general computer hardware issues
- Plan and implement Disaster Recovery procedures
- Plan, test, tune and configure of MS Exchange architecture
- Provide support for related email applications (Outlook, Entourage, smart phone email, etc.)
- Monito performance and system usage
- Offer a first class customer support, customer first, attitude
- Maintain MS SQL server
This is not a comprehensive list of duties.
About The Candidate:
- AA degree in Computer Science, Business Administration with MIS concentration or related (MUST)
- BA+ degree in Computer Science (PLUS)
- 4+ years’ experience with help desk support (MUST)
- 2+ years’ experience with Windows 2003 and 2008 servers, Active Directory customization and Storage Appliances (MUST)
- 2+ years’ experience with Microsoft SQL Server, Microsoft Dynamics, VOIP phones, Cisco Networking (MUST)
- 2+ years’ experience with networking security concepts, ie TCP/IP networking, routing, switching, VLANS, WIFI (MUST)
- 2+ years’ experience with Disaster Recovery Plan (DRP), backup systems (MUST)
- 2+ years’ experience with High Availability architectures with Work Load Management and Clustering (MUST)
- 2+ years’ experience with administrating enterprise Windows environments (MUST)
- 2+ years’ experience with systems administration experience (MUST)
- 1+ years’ experience working with VOIP phone system (MUST)
- Personality, Characteristics and Skills: strategic thinking, strong work ethic, collaborative, positive outlook, reliable, excellent written and verbal communication, self-motivated, organized, detail oriented, analytical, problem-solver, leader, curious, flexible
Benefits: Full health, dental, 401K, twice a week paid lunch
Equal Opportunity Employer considering qualified candidates in accordance with state and federal laws, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.