Los Angeles, CA 90045
We seek a DevOps to join our California based client, an exciting application development company specializing in restaurant and food industry apps.
Our client provides point of sale, inventory and analytics applications to restaurants and other food industry customers. They aim to modernize how transactions are processed via their multi-channel experience. Their platform is truly innovative and incorporates ordering, payment, back office and kitchen solutions using wired and mobile tools. Customers include sports venues, universities, theme parks and restaurants. They take pride in providing a fun and collaborative environment to their employees with potential for upward mobility at this quickly growing company... some onsite perks include a game room, stocked kitchen, casual dress and a pet friendly environment! Their dynamic and fun environment is a great place to work and realize your potential today!
This is a leadership role will own the production and development environments with aims of producing stability, scalability, support, continuous integration and systems architecture. This will include daily stand-ups on new environments, smoothing automation, defining the steps for escalation and support and establishing well-organized monitoring practices. Long-term, the focus is to increase the speed of execution, architecture and automation.
The ideal candidate feels a sense of ownership over the processes involved in creating first class software… the quality of the product is a representation of who they are. They bring a wide range of coding capabilities and product development expertise, a BA+ in computer science, a dynamic personality which works well with all others and they thrive for challenges to design the next “best” product.
About the Position:
- Build clean, scalable and secure software that exceeds customer expectations
- Create clear transparency of system performance through monitoring
- Ensure products that provide 24/7 stability
- Review designs submitted by engineers and improve as needed
- Mentor engineers on multiple projects with aim to increase their strengths and skills
- Lead technical innovation
- Troubleshoot urgent coding and development issues
- Collaborate with other departments to ensure comprehensive, quality products
- Follow workflow processes as established and suggest improvements
- Refine existing code and suggest improvements
- Assess new technologies for inclusion in development process
- Interact with customers to determine and provide effective solutions
- Effectively use version control tools
- Evangelize new ideas and technologies
- Some domestic and international travel required.
This list is not inclusive of all duties associated with this role.
About The Candidate:
Some domestic and international travel required.
- BA+ degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience (MUST)
- 8+ years’ experience in software development (MUST)
- 6+ years’ experience in full stack development (MUST)
- 4+ years’ experience in scaling web, mobile, data and systems platforms (MUST)
- 3+ years’ experience in Kubernetes, Ansible, Helm, Jenkins, LAMP, AWS, etc (MUST)
- 3+ years’ experience working with and trends in dev tools, quality tools, DevOps platforms (MUST)
- Personality, Characteristics and Skills: strong work ethic, approachable, collaborative, transparent, positive outlook, multi-tasker, multi-hat wearer, excellent communicator, self-motivated, organized, detail-oriented, analytical, problem-solver, leader, curious
Equal Opportunity Employer considering qualified candidates in accordance with state and federal laws, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.