Director/VP of Accounting and Operations
Sherman Oaks, CA 91403
We are interviewing experienced Accounting and Operations Directors for a Director/VP opportunity with our client, a boutique talent agency.
Our client is a preeminent talent agency known to represent some of the most sought after talent in the music landscape, including award winning composers, songwriters and music supervisors for top box office films, theatre, television and video games. Their client list includes Oscar, Bafta and Grammy winners and musicians at the top of their game. In addition to their position within the industry, our clients actively participate in programs that support music education for academic achievement in schools (such as Education Through Music and the Mr. Holland’s Opus Foundation), increasing the participation of female composers in the industry (Alliance for Women and Film Composers) and the Scleroderma Research Foundation (among others).
The ideal candidate brings entertainment industry office management, a degree in accounting with specific experience processing Royalty collections and prior experience managing basic human resources tasks.
About the Position:
- Daily bookkeeping
- Accounts payable (A/P)
- Accounts receivable (A/R)
- Royalty accounting
- Provide income and expense details for tax return preparation
- Organize office
- Manage office operations and procedures
- Prepare payroll
- Manage office Human Resources needs
- Prepare and analyze income and expense reports
- Track expenses
- Generate expense reports
- Provide income and expense data to corporate accountants for tax returns
This is not a comprehensive list of tasks associated with this position.
About The Candidate:
- BA/BS degree in business or accounting (MUST)
- 4+ years’ experience providing A/P and A/R services (MUST)
- 3+ years’ experience in entertainment industry (MUST)
- 2+ years’ experience with Royalty collection procedures (MUST)
- Advanced computer skills, including Filemaker Pro, QuickBooks, Excel and Word (MUST)
- Desired Personality Traits and Advanced Skills: high level leadership skills and experience, excellent grammar, ability to write clearly and concisely, strong interpersonal communication, ability to anticipate needs and problems, analyze and prioritize issues, attention to detail, organized, conflict/problem resolution, analytical, team building skills
Equal Opportunity Employer considering qualified candidates in accordance with state and federal laws, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.