Director of Child Care
Los Angeles, CA 90017
We are interviewing Health Care Directors specializing in childcare for an opportunity with our client’s busy hospital.
Our client is a world renowned, academic medical center in the heart of Los Angeles. Known for their Heart and Vascular experts, award-winning obstetrics, advanced Perinatal and Orthopedics departments as well as MANY other leading-edge divisions, they offer an exciting and dynamic place to work. This position is an amazing opportunity to grow with a team of caring and talented professionals who provide quality and innovative care to patients around the world.
Responsible for the daily operations of the Child Care Center, the Director of Childcare is a member of the hospital’s management team and makes the difference between a top notch team that continues to excel versus one that merely maintains standards. They oversee program development and implementation, education and marketing, personnel management, departmental budgets and represent the hospital on child care related issues.
Ideal candidates bring a BA with solid medical industry experience and specialization in child direction departments. Their dedicated attitude has made them stand out in prior organizations and will compliment a hospital committed to the community by ensuring top quality medical professionals and administrative staff!
About the Position:
- Develop a child care program for the hospital
- Implement child development practices for ages 3 months - 6 years
- Adhere to laws, child care standards, and regulations
- Manage staff and procedures
- Prepare annual budgets
- Analyze operational reviews
- Ensure positive fiscal outcomes while maintaining service quality
- Develop a parent education program
- Develop and implement a nutritious meal program
- Review and approve annual contracts with utilities
- Provide and interpret data on medical staff members
- Review and upload accurate documents related to personnel files
- Follow appropriate staff bylaws and deadlines to ensure compliance
- Maintain privilege delineation system
- Enter data into and manage Medical Staff database
- Special assignments
This is not a comprehensive list of tasks associated with this position.
About The Candidate:
- BA/BS in Child Development or related (MUST)
- Eligibility for the following permits with associate coursework: Children’s Center Permit, Children’s Center Supervision Permit, Children’s Center Permit, Children’s Center Supervision Permit and Infant/Child CPR permit (MUST)
- 2+ years’ experience as a lead teacher in a child care environment (MUST)
- 2+ years’ experience in administration and development of child care programs (MUST)
- 4+ years’ experience in healthcare environment (MUST)
- Intermediate computer/software skills: Outlook/Word/Excel/Powerpoint (MUST)
- Desired Personality Traits and Advanced Skills: ability to write clearly and concisely, strong interpersonal communication, ability to anticipate needs and problems, analyze and prioritize issues, attention to detail, organized, conflict/problem resolution, effective written and verbal communication, unwavering integrity, confidentiality, discretion
Equal Opportunity Employer considering qualified candidates in accordance with state and federal laws, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.