Director of Nursing (DON)
Charlotte, MI 48813
We seek a Director of Nursing for a lovely senior living facility in Southwest Michigan.
Our client strives for casual living, family atmosphere offering excellent care. Situated amongst beautiful, lush grounds, their 80-bed senior care facility offers assisted living with memory care specialists on site. They care about their residents quality of life and pride themselves on an interactive environment that regularly involves community-based events.
The Director of Nursing manages all nursing services to achieve the highest quality of resident care while meeting all laws, regulations and organizational standards. This facility has an active Administrator who gives the autonomy needed by the DON to effectively run their department.
Ideal candidates hold a Nursing Degree with 2+ years’ experience in a DON role at a senior care facility. They show past success building successful, multidisciplinary teams (including non-nursing personnel) who work well together and lead to healthy retention rates. They are up to date and knowledgeable about local through federal facility regulations, accreditations and compliance requirements. Candidates known for ensuring consistent, highly functioning, clinical systems at prior facilities are desired.
Career Strategies Inc is a national staffing firm that provides temporary and direct hire staffing services to outstanding firms located throughout the United States. For over 30 years, we have helped thousands of talented candidates find fulfilling careers in a variety of industries including technology, entertainment, marketing, real estate, finance and accounting.
About the Position:
- Oversee accounting activities including budget preparation and reporting
- Authorize expenditures
- Establish service rates
- Collect and analyze data
- Supervise and evaluate division staff (nursing, technical, clerical, maintenance, etc)
- Communicate needs and progress with boards, department heads and executives
- Plan and implement existing and new programs
- Ensure policies and legal regulations are consistently and accurately achieved
- Recruit and hire new staff members
- Provide training and evaluations for all roles in the department
- Analyze facility activities for improvements and risk analysis
- Establish benchmarks for successful operations
- Stay current with medical advances, software, equipment, regulations, insurance, etc
- Ensure effective use of resources
- Assess needs new hires or upgrades to resources
- Ensure consistent maintenance of record management systems
- Prepare activity reports of programs, services and initiatives
- Develop organizational policies and procedures
- Occasionally consult with medical, business and community groups
- Promote health programs via community public relations and local activities
- Develop instructional materials and educational programs
- Enforce company policies, harassment and complaint procedures
- Manage CNAs, LPNs and support staff shift schedules
- Special assignments
This is not a comprehensive list of tasks associated with this position.
- Nursing degree (MUST)
- Licensed, registered nurse (MUST)
- DON certification (CDON-NADONA) in long-term care, or within 1 year (MUST)
- CPR certification (MUST)
- 1+ years’ of experience as a DON in senior care (MUST) …or
- 2+ years’ experience as ADON in long term care if above not met (MUST)
- 1+ years’ of experience in medical management (MUST)
- Intermediate+ computer/software skills and comprehension (MUST)
- 1+ years’ experience with facility regulations (local to federal levels), accreditation and compliance requirements (MUST)
- Desired Personality Traits and Advanced Skills: effective written and verbal communication, ability to write clearly and concisely, leadership, excellent reasoning skills and judgment, ability to anticipate needs and problems, analyze and prioritize issues, attention to detail, organized, conflict/problem resolution, unwavering integrity, confidentiality, discretion, critical thinking
Equal Opportunity Employer considering qualified candidates in accordance with local, state and federal laws.