Director of Nursing (DON) with Excellent Team Management
Callaway, MD 20620
We seek a Director of Nursing for a lovely senior living facility in Virginia.
Our client strives for casual, family atmosphere at their 80-bed senior care facility. They care about their residents’ quality of life and pride themselves on an interactive environment that specializes in memory care.
The Director of Nursing leads all nursing services and drives a positive community culture. They act as a role model who sets the bar high and mentors their team to match that quality. They ensure compliance with laws, regulations and organizational standards.
The ideal candidate is a Registered Nurse (RN) in excellent standing. They bring 4+ years’ experience in a nursing leadership role, with 2+ years’ as a DON. They show past success building successful, multidisciplinary teams who create a positive culture for residents. They are knowledgeable about regulations, accreditations and compliance requirements and find ease exceeding those standards.
Career Strategies Inc is a national staffing firm that provides temporary and direct hire staffing services to outstanding firms located throughout the United States. For over 30 years, we have helped thousands of talented candidates find fulfilling careers in a variety of industries including technology, entertainment, marketing, real estate, finance and accounting.
About the Position:
- Lead resident care
- Ensure consistent maintenance of record management systems
- Supervise and evaluate division staff (nursing, technical, clerical, maintenance, etc)
- Ensure policies and legal regulations are consistently and accurately achieved
- Provide training and evaluations for all roles in the department
- Analyze facility activities for improvements and risk analysis
- Establish benchmarks for successful operations
- Authorize expenditures
- Communicate needs and progress with boards, department heads and executives
- Plan and implement existing and new programs
- Recruit and hire new staff members
- Stay current with medical advances, software, equipment, regulations, insurance, etc
- Ensure effective use of resources
- Assess needs new hires or upgrades to resources
- Prepare activity reports of programs, services and initiatives
- Develop organizational policies and procedures
- Promote health programs via community public relations and local activities
- Develop instructional materials and educational programs
- Enforce company policies, harassment and complaint procedures
- Manage CNAs, LPNs and support staff shift schedules
- Special assignments
This is not a comprehensive list of tasks associated with this position.
- Nursing degree (MUST)
- Licensed, registered nurse - RN (MUST)
- DON certification (MUST)
- 4+ years’ of experience in healthcare management (MUST)
- 2+ years’ of experience as a DON (PLUS)
- 1+ years’ experience overseeing facility regulations, accreditation and compliance (MUST)
- Intermediate+ computer/software skills and comprehension (MUST)
- Desired Personality Traits and Advanced Skills: effective written and verbal communication, ability to write clearly and concisely, leadership, excellent reasoning skills and judgment, ability to anticipate needs and problems, analyze and prioritize issues, attention to detail, organized, conflict/problem resolution, unwavering integrity, confidentiality, discretion, critical thinking
Equal Opportunity Employer considering qualified candidates in accordance with local, state and federal laws.