Director of Nursing (DON)
Leonardtown, MD 20650
We seek a Director of Nursing for our client’s Long Term Care facility in Central Georgia.
Our client is a well-respected, 130-bed senior care facility. Their caring and dedicated staff take pride in providing a positive and compassionate environment for patients. Their personalized, outcome oriented treatment is designed for short term (such as with illness or injury) to long-term needs and for those in residence, they strive for a home-like culture where feeling safe and comfortable is paramount.
The Director of Nursing manages all nursing services to achieve the highest quality of resident care while meeting all laws, regulations and organizational standards.
Ideal candidates hold a Nursing Degree, 2+ years’ experience in a DON role at a long term care and a history of successful State Surveys. He/She leads by example and is passionate about providing quality care to every resident. They have a take-charge personality and are ready to roll up their sleeves to get things accomplished. They take pride in building teams who work well together for the betterment of residents.
Career Strategies Inc is a national staffing firm that provides temporary and direct hire staffing services to outstanding firms located throughout the United States. For over 30 years, we have helped thousands of talented candidates find fulfilling careers in a variety of industries including technology, entertainment, marketing, real estate, finance and accounting.
About the Position:
- Oversee accounting activities including budget preparation and reporting
- Authorize expenditures
- Establish service rates
- Collect and analyze data
- Supervise and evaluate division staff (nursing, technical, clerical, maintenance, etc)
- Communicate needs and progress with boards, department heads and executives
- Plan and implement existing and new programs
- Ensure policies and legal regulations are consistently and accurately achieved
- Recruit and hire new staff members
- Provide training and evaluations for all roles in the department
- Analyze facility activities for improvements and risk analysis
- Establish benchmarks for successful operations
- Stay current with medical advances, software, equipment, regulations, insurance, etc
- Ensure effective use of resources
- Assess needs new hires or upgrades to resources
- Ensure consistent maintenance of record management systems
- Prepare activity reports of programs, services and initiatives
- Develop organizational policies and procedures
- Occasionally consult with medical, business and community groups
- Promote health programs via community public relations and local activities
- Develop instructional materials and educational programs
- Enforce company policies, harassment and complaint procedures
- Manage CNAs, LPNs and support staff shift schedules
- Special assignments
This is not a comprehensive list of tasks associated with this position.
- Nursing degree (MUST)
- Licensed, registered nurse (MUST)
- DON certification (CDON-NADONA) in long-term care (MUST)
- CPR certification (MUST)
- 2+ years’ of experience as a DON in senior care (MUST)
- 2+ years’ experience achieving successful state surveys (MUST)
- Intermediate+ computer/software skills and comprehension (MUST)
- Desired Personality Traits and Advanced Skills: effective written and verbal communication, ability to write clearly and concisely, leadership, excellent reasoning skills and judgment, ability to anticipate needs and problems, analyze and prioritize issues, attention to detail, organized, conflict/problem resolution, unwavering integrity, confidentiality, discretion, critical thinking
Equal Opportunity Employer considering qualified candidates in accordance with local, state and federal laws.