Carson, CA 90745
We seek a Dispatcher for a role in the transloading, transportation and logistics industry.
Our client grew from a small transportation provider to a large operation that includes multiple facilities, 60+ flatbed trucks and services moving product via rail, truck and sea. Collectively, our client has provided top notch services since the 1960’s, with major clients including the Port of LA. With early beginnings as a family company, they understand the importance of every team member and take pride in providing a supportive culture where employees feel at home.
The Transportation Manager leads their team in safe, timely and reliable transportation services within full compliance of federal regulations and company culture. They know their customers’ expectations and strive to exceed them. In that aim, they constantly seek improved methods for processes and mentor team members to ensure that processes are being followed accurately and efficiently through safety reviews, feedback and training.
The ideal candidate brings 4+ years’ of industry experience, a proven history of team management in logistics at a medium to large facility and a drive to consistently exceed expectations.
Career Strategies Inc is a national staffing firm that provides temporary and direct hire staffing services to outstanding firms located throughout the United States. For over 28 years, we have helped thousands of talented candidates find fulfilling careers in a variety of industries including technology, entertainment, marketing, real estate, finance and accounting.
About the Position:
- Prepare and manage the driver schedule
- Adjust driver schedule to reflect customer requests, maintenance issues, dwell times, etc.
- Review and adjust delivery plan daily as needed to accommodate changes
- Audit deliveries to confirm timely receipt
- Communicate with drivers via iPad, iMessage, phone or facetime
- Apply the "Theory of Constraints" to schedule changes
- Apply state and federal requirements to dispatch scheduling
- Manage daily scheduling
- Communicate changes to delivery schedule and load
- Review driver breaks, drive time and routes for improvements
- Use (and train others as needed) on SCMS System
- Monitor wage and hour requirements and restrictions
- Support and improve safe operating procedures
- Create process improvement initiatives
- Ensure compliance with Federal and State, DOT, OSHA, company and customer regulations
- Maintain safe operations
- Mentor new and current employees
- Determine causes of operating errors
- Special projects, as assigned
This is not a comprehensive list of tasks associated with this position.
About The Candidate:
- Degree or certificate in Logistics or Transportation Studies (PLUS)
- 4+ years’ experience of industry related experience; transload, logistics, transportation (MUST)
- Intermediate computer skills for industry software and applications, Google schedule (MUST)
- Knowledge of federal and state laws, D.O.T. and OSHA regulations (MUST)
- Personality, Characteristics and Skills: professional, excellent follow through, detail oriented, positive attitude, upbeat, friendly, clear communication, able to work independently, self-motivated, organized, efficient, team player, able to delegate, “can-do” attitude, critical thinker, honest, reliable, meets deadlines easily
See more transportation industry opportunities with Career Strategies' clients at www.csi4jobs.com!
Equal Opportunity Employer considering qualified candidates in accordance with state and federal laws, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.