Eligibility Technical Specialist
Burbank, CA 91505
Our client, a pension and health benefits provider, located in Burbank, is seeking to hire an experienced Eligibility Technical Specialist to join their dynamic team.
Our client provides vision, dental, psychiatric, medical and other healthcare benefits as well as pension plans to members (and their dependents) of creative industries, including motion picture, television and commercial production. They are known for far reaching efforts that contribute to the general health and well-being of all its members. Our client also has a long history of charitable involvement in the community and encourages employees to volunteer time to their own special interests or those supported by the organization.
This Eligibility Technical Specialist will demonstrate advanced knowledge of all aspects of the organization’s Health Fund eligibility requirements including but not limited to; earnings requirements, basic plan benefits, detect and resolve system and eligibility data issues. They will adhere to all eligibility and call policies and procedures while making sound decisions to resolve system related eligibility issues and client issues.
The ideal candidate will bring 5+ years’ experience as a customer service representative in a call center queue environment. They will also have extensive knowledge of healthcare benefits.
Career Strategies Inc is a national staffing firm that provides temporary and direct hire staffing services to outstanding firms located throughout the United States. For over 30 years, we have helped thousands of talented candidates find fulfilling careers in a variety of industries including technology, entertainment, marketing, real estate, finance and accounting.
About the role:
- Daily checks and processing
- Compliance with departments
- Perform system testing (as needed)
- Report results to the department head(s)
- Log into departments phone queue daily
- Review and responds to credit requests
- Perform manual calculation for all requests
- Provide training and instruction for team members
- Maintain lists of clients with coverage exception issues
- Coordinate with management to provide training for new hires
- Coordinate with the team and vendors to identify and resolve issues
- Assist the Sr. Eligibility Technical Specialist in gathering necessary data for reports
- Assist Sr. Eligibility Technical Specialist in the resolution and tracking of all escalated issues
- Assist various special projects throughout the year as requested
About the candidate:
- College degree (PLUS)
- 4+ years’ experience in a customer service role (MUST)
- 4+ years’ experience in a call center queue environment (MUST)
- Business analytics experience (MUST)
- Strong knowledge of health benefits and eligibility (MUST)
- Proficient with Microsoft products, including Word and Excel (MUST)
- Desired personality traits and skills: Independent worker with the ability to work in a team environment, proven problem solving, sharp analytical skills, strong organization, time management skills, strong interpersonal, excellent listening skill, strong verbal and written communication skills.
Full benefits including medical, dental, vision, paid time off, excellent culture!
Equal Opportunity Employer considering qualified candidates in accordance with state and federal laws, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.