Executive Assistant / Legal Assistant - Floater
Beverly Hills, CA 90210 | Direct Hire
Career Strategies Inc is a national staffing firm that provides temporary and direct hire staffing services to outstanding firms located throughout the United States. For over 28 years, we have helped thousands of talented candidates find fulfilling careers in a variety of industries including technology, entertainment, marketing, real estate, finance and accounting.
We seek a savvy, C-Level, Executive Legal Assistant for a support role with our client, a mid-sized legal firm known for entertainment law. This role is client-facing role and assists multiple Senior Partners.
Our client is well-respected among their peers and organizes multiple educational programs, including regular entertainment law symposiums and motion picture related programs. They enjoy an active role in their community through local and national charitable organizations, including Heart of Los Angeles and the Los Angeles Free Clinic.
The ideal candidate brings more than 5 years’ experience as a C-level executive assistant with direct experience in the legal field and entertainment industry.
About this Position:
- Coordinate executive communications
- Answer telephones for attorneys
- Distribute incoming calls
- Respond to 150+ emails per day
- Interact with clients
- Prepare corporate documents
- Schedule meetings and appointments
- Coordinate business travel arrangements
- Manage travel itineraries
- Maintain an organized, paper and electronic, filing system
- Uphold a strict level of confidentiality
- Develop and maintain a high level of professionalism
- Manage workflow with Office Services and Global Word Processing
- Administrative duties
- Special projects, as assigned
- Draft and edit correspondence
- Manage client relationships
- Greet clients and visitors
- Provide backup to other administrative support staff
- Draft and edit legal documents, including pleadings, correspondence and memorandum
- Format court pleadings following formatting rules and using auto-generation for table of authorities (TOAs) and table of contents (TOCs)
About the Candidate:
- 6+ years’ experience as a C level Executive Assistant (MUST)
- 2+ years’ experience as a legal assistant or working in a law firm (MUST)
- Consistent longevity at former positions/companies (MUST)
- Advanced computer skills including MS Office with Word and Excel (MUST)
- Legal background (PLUS)
- Personality, Characteristics and Skills: professional, excellent follow through, detail oriented, positive attitude, upbeat, friendly, advanced written and oral communication, able to multi-task, able to work independently, self-motivated, organized, efficient, team player, able to delegate, “can-do” attitude, critical thinker, honest, reliable, meets deadlines easily
Equal Opportunity Employer considering qualified candidates in accordance with state and federal laws, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.