Executive Assistant / Office Manager at Private Equity Firm
El Segundo, CA 90245
We seek an experienced Executive Assistant for our client, a private equity management firm.
Our client offers forward career momentum within their company to those eager to move up. Their portfolio spans software, healthcare, industrial and technological industries throughout the United States and abroad.
The Executive Assistant supports the Managing Director of a 10+ person team and works closely with executive assistants based at other locations to provide administrative support and enhance business operations across multiple offices. Primary duties include managing multiple calendars, travel coordination, meeting and presentation prep, official correspondence and records maintenance.
The ideal candidate is detail-oriented and takes pride in the quality of their work. They manage their own work load, prioritize effectively and are excellent communicators with anyone at any level - from executives, to investors, to teammates. The ideal candidate will also bring 5+ years’ experience as an executive assistant in the financial industry.
Career Strategies Inc is a national staffing firm that provides temporary and direct hire staffing services to outstanding firms located throughout the United States. For over 28 years, we have helped thousands of talented candidates find fulfilling careers in a variety of industries including technology, entertainment, marketing, real estate, finance and accounting.
About the Opportunity:
- Provide support for a small team of professionals
- Manage office operations
- Coordinate and schedule internal meetings
- Manage multiple, complex calendars precisely and accurately
- Prepare printed and electronic reports, materials and binders for meetings and presentations
- Act as primary contact for office vendors, maintenance, parking, etc
- Coordinate IT support including set up, repair and trouble-shooting office equipment
- Coordinate PO’s and vendor payments
- Plan and oversee office and local client events
- Assist in planning luncheons, seminars and other team social events
- Purchase, maintain and organize kitchen and office supplies
- Create and modify company presentations with PowerPoint skills
- Prepare and submit travel and expenses using Concur
- Coordinate corporate and personal travel (accommodations, car, air, events)
- Prepare and manage detailed travel itineraries with directions to events, etc
- Greet office visitors, leadership team and clients in a highly professional manner
- Prepare corporate documents and correspondence
- Administrative duties
- Make recommendations that improve office and admin procedures
- Prepare mail and packages for delivery pickup
- Uphold highest level of confidentiality with sensitive information
- Special projects as assigned
Some travel is required.
This list of duties is not comprehensive.
About the Candidate:
- BA degree (MUST)
- 5+ years’ experience as an Executive Assistant (MUST)
- 3+ years’ experience in private equity or investment firm (MUST)
- 1+ years’ experience using Concur (PLUS)
- Experience with frequent travel coordination and expense reports (MUST)
- Advanced computer skills including Word, Excel, Outlook, Powerpoint (MUST)
- Personality, Characteristics and Skills: critical thinker, friendly, professional, honest, reliable, excellent interpersonal communication, advanced written and verbal communication, able to multi-task, independent worker, highly organized, efficient, team player, meticulous, detail oriented, analytical, positive attitude, able to delegate, “can-do” attitude, problem solver, excellent follow through
Equal Opportunity Employer considering qualified candidates in accordance with state and federal laws, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.