Executive Assistant at International Investment Firm
Redondo Beach, CA 90277
We seek an experienced, C Level, Executive Assistant for our client, a global financial services firm specializing in sales and trading, investment and wealth management, hedge funds and more. This is a client facing role partnering with a busy C Suite Executive who will take ownership over scheduling, travel planning, meeting preparation and project management.
Our client offers forward career momentum within their company to those eager to move up. Their portfolio spans software, healthcare, industrial and technological industries throughout the United States and abroad.
The Executive Assistant provides backup reception and administrative support to colleagues. Primary duties include managing multiple calendars, travel coordination, meeting and presentation prep, official correspondence and records maintenance.
The ideal candidate is detail-oriented and takes pride in the quality of their work. They manage their own work load, prioritize effectively and are excellent communicators with anyone at any level - from executives, to investors, to teammates. The ideal candidate will also bring 5+ years’ experience as an executive assistant in the financial industry for C-level executives.
Career Strategies Inc is a national staffing firm that provides temporary and direct hire staffing services to outstanding firms located throughout the United States. For over 28 years, we have helped thousands of talented candidates find fulfilling careers in a variety of industries including technology, entertainment, marketing, real estate, finance and accounting.
About the Opportunity:
- Manage multiple, complex calendars precisely and accurately
- Act as the gatekeeper for their C-Level partner
- Interact with clients and manage client relationships
- Liaise with other departments, outside agencies, high-level executives and team members
- Respond to 200-300 emails per day
- Coordinate executive communications
- Create and process timely and accurate expense reports
- Schedule meetings and appointments
- Coordinate meetings with clients and internal teams
- Coordinate corporate and personal travel (accommodations, car, air, events)
- Prepare and manage detailed travel itineraries with directions to events, etc
- Assist in planning luncheons, seminars and other team social events
- Take detailed minutes and corporate and team meetings
- Prepare reports, materials and binders for meetings and presentations
- Provide reception backup support
- Order office supplies, restock and coordinate 3rd part maintenance vendors
- Prepare corporate documents and correspondence
- Administrative duties
- Scanning, data entry, filing, cross-referencing, copying
- Make recommendations that improve office and admin procedures
- Maintain an organized, paper and electronic, filing system
- Draft and edit email correspondence
- Prepare legal packets for execution by executives (following appropriate instructions)
- Prepare mail and packages for delivery pickup
- Uphold highest level of confidentiality with sensitive information
- Special projects as assigned
This list of duties is not comprehensive.
About the Candidate:
- BA degree (MUST)
- 5+ years’ experience as a C level Executive Assistant (MUST)
- 3+ years’ experience in private equity or investment firm (MUST)
- Experience with frequent travel coordination and expense reports (MUST)
- Notary License – Active (PLUS)
- Advanced computer skills including Word, Excel, Outlook, Powerpoint (MUST)
- Personality, Characteristics and Skills: critical thinker, friendly, professional, honest, reliable, excellent interpersonal communication, advanced written and oral communication, able to multi-task, independent worker, highly organized, efficient, team player, meticulous, detail oriented, analytical, positive attitude, able to delegate, “can-do” attitude, problem solver, excellent follow through
Equal Opportunity Employer considering qualified candidates in accordance with state and federal laws, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.