Quantico, MD 21856
We seek an Executive Director for our client’s 100+-bed senior facility in Maryland.
Our client’s assisted living facility offers numerous therapy and care services for residents and out-patients, with the aim of regaining independence. They provide a nurturing culture and a sense of autonomy to support their goal of continual, noticeable improvement.
The Executive Director leads staff and departments as a whole, managing both the operations and business activities, budget management, compliance and census growth. They empower their team of creative thinkers to provide solutions that raise the bar for resident care and employee happiness. Through marketing, outreach and facility excellence, they focus on retention of happy residents and census growth. This role takes ownership of the financial success and resident experience.
Ideal candidates have a take-charge personality that shows a readiness to roll up their sleeves and bring marketing expertise that shows proven results in census growth at assisted living communities. They are known for maintaining highly functioning systems at prior facilities and excel at creating strong customer service that creates a hospitality feel. Candidates should have a BA or higher in Business Administration.
Career Strategies Inc is a national staffing firm that provides temporary and direct hire staffing services to outstanding firms located throughout the United States. For over 30 years, we have helped thousands of talented candidates find fulfilling careers in a variety of industries including technology, entertainment, marketing, real estate, finance and accounting.
About the Position:
- Business development marketing
- Develop market positioning plans
- Implement business development strategies
- Create an action plan to achieve short, medium and long range goals
- Analyze facility activities to determine strengths, weaknesses and risk
- Recommend system improvements
- Establish benchmarks for successful operations
- Enforce company policies, harassment and complaint procedures
- Communicate needs and progress with boards, department heads and executives
- Plan and implement existing and new programs
- Identify areas that require improvement
- Provide team coaching and counseling
- Provide training and evaluations for staff
- Resolve conflicts for residents, families and staff
- Oversee recruitment and retention of staff t
- Oversee monthly, quarterly and annual budgets and reporting
- Collect and analyze data
- Ensure policies and legal regulations are consistently achieved
- Ensure effective use of resources
- Develop organizational policies and procedures
- Consult with medical, business and community groups
- Develop instructional materials and educational programs
- Special assignments
This is not a comprehensive list of tasks associated with this position.
- BA+ Degree in Business Management or relates (MUST)
- Strong math/budgetary skills (MUST)
- 5+ years’ experience managing large teams (MUST)
- 2+ years’ experience in long term care industry (MUST)
- 1+ years’ experience with regulations (local to federal levels) and compliance (MUST)
- Intermediate+ computer/software skills and comprehension (MUST)
- Desired Personality Traits and Advanced Skills: effective written and verbal communication, ability to write clearly and concisely, leadership, excellent reasoning skills and judgment, ability to anticipate needs and problems, analyze and prioritize issues, attention to detail, organized, conflict/problem resolution, unwavering integrity, confidentiality, discretion, critical thinking
Equal Opportunity Employer considering qualified candidates in accordance with local, state and federal laws.