Facility Manager / Terminal Manager
Gardena, CA 90248
We seek a Facility Manager / Terminal Manager for a role in the transloading, transportation and logistics industry.
Our client grew from a small transportation provider to a large operation that includes multiple facilities, 60+ flatbed trucks and services moving product via rail, truck and sea. Collectively, our client has provided top notch services since the 1960’s, with major clients including the Port of LA. With early beginnings as a family company, they understand the importance of every team member and take pride in providing a supportive culture where employees feel at home.
The Facility Manager / Terminal Manager enforces a culture of safe, accurate and timely movement of product adhering to Federal and State laws. They oversee all terminal and facility logistics and daily operations, with an aim to surpassing department goals, and takes full ownership for 100% accurate inventories and pre-shipping QC on products.
The ideal candidate brings 2+ years’ of logistics, inventory and team management experience at a medium to large facility. They have a valid Driver’s License (with a clean driving history), a Forklift Operator Certificate and a degree in logistics or transportation studies.
Career Strategies Inc is a national staffing firm that provides temporary and direct hire staffing services to outstanding firms located throughout the United States. For over 28 years, we have helped thousands of talented candidates find fulfilling careers in a variety of industries including technology, entertainment, marketing, real estate, finance and accounting.
About the Position:
- Ensure terminal compliance with company, federal and state standards
- Ensure 100% accurate inventories
- Surpass goals set by the company for all terminals and facilities
- Maintain budgets and environmental standards
- Resolve below average KPI's of all facilities
- Oversee daily warehouse logistics and operations, working closely with Assistant Managers
- Generate daily safety and meeting reports
- Oversee team training in safety, equipment protocol, systems, and product movement
- Provide daily employee performance feedback and reviews
- Inspect and manage equipment
- Ensure adherence to wage and hour rules
- Regularly inventory stock and update records
- Load and unload goods
- Communicate with distributors, suppliers, employees and head office
- Ensure safe and operable warehouse equipment
- Report work-related accidents
- Ensure consistently clean and organized warehouse
- Support, improve and ensure safe operating procedures
- Monitor wage and hour requirements and restrictions
- Create process improvement initiatives
- Ensure compliance with Federal and State, DOT, OSHA, company and customer regulations
- Maintain safe operations
- Mentor new and current employees
- Determine causes of operating errors
- Special projects, as assigned
This is not a comprehensive list of tasks associated with this position.
About The Candidate:
- Degree or certificate in Logistics or Transportation Studies (PLUS)
- Forklift Operator Certificate (MUST)
- Valid driver’s license and clean driving record (MUST)
- 2+ years’ experience of industry experience; inventory control, logistics, warehouse stock (MUST)
- Intermediate computer skills for industry software and applications (MUST)
- Personality, Characteristics and Skills: professional, excellent follow through, detail oriented, positive attitude, upbeat, friendly, clear communication, able to work independently, self-motivated, organized, efficient, team player, able to delegate, “can-do” attitude, critical thinker, honest, reliable, meets deadlines easily
Equal Opportunity Employer considering qualified candidates in accordance with state and federal laws, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.