Family Care Coordinator
Los Angeles, CA 90012 | Contract to Hire
We are interviewing a Family Care Coordinator to assist with tissue donation administrative activities.
Our client is a Los Angeles based, non-profit tissue recovery organization. They administer the process of matching tissue donors with recipients, and offer additional services to those involved, such as bereavement counseling, application preparation, evaluation and more. This position offers a great opportunity to grow with this amazing team of caring and talented professionals who provide quality and innovative care to the surrounding multi-cultural community.
The Family Care Coordinator obtains authorizations, provides donation option information, completes medical histories and gathers clinical information.
Ideal candidates bring a BA with solid medical industry experience, a thorough understanding of tissue donation activities and a dedicated attitude to helping the community by providing top quality medical and administrative staff!
About the Position:
- Provide in person and telephone support to tissue donation program participants
- Assist donor families, hospitals, medical examiners, coroners, funeral directors
- Gather patient information
- Process administrative paperwork for tissue program
- Transcribe information into the patient tracking system
- Transfer calls
- Completes medical questionnaires with the authorizing parties
- Document participant responses
- Clarify questionnaire answers and treatment history
- Present tissue donation options to participants
- Explain uses of tissue, recovery and funeral arrangements
- Complete legal informed consent with appropriate parties
- Compare case information against recordings and update tracking system
- Reviews cases and associated paperwork for correct completion
- Assign breaks and lunches to peers
- Reassign cases to balance work load among those on duty
- Maintain the StatLine inbox
- Manage digital donor board
- Conducts voiceprint verifications
- Review shift operations
- Coordinate recovery logistics
- Attend staff meetings and training sessions
- Assist in data collection
- Special assignments
This is not a comprehensive list of tasks associated with this position.
About the Candidate:
- AA+ in physical or social sciences (MUST)
- Certification for at least 1: LVN, RN, Surgical Tech, EMT, Medical Billing, CNA (MUST)
- 2+ years’ experience as Paramedic, RN, LVN, CNA or Medical Biller (MUST)
- 2+ years’ experience in healthcare environment (MUST)
- 1+ years’ experience in high call volume, call center, help desk (MUST)
- Intermediate computer/software skills: Outlook/Word/Excel (MUST)
- Typing 40+ wpm (MUST)
- Desired Personality Traits and Advanced Skills: ability to write clearly and concisely, strong interpersonal communication, ability to anticipate needs and problems, analyze and prioritize issues, attention to detail, organized, conflict/problem resolution, effective written and verbal communication, independent worker, unwavering integrity, confidentiality, discretion
Equal Opportunity Employer considering qualified candidates in accordance with state and federal laws, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.