Family Medical Assistant
Whittier, CA 90601
A well-established hospital is looking for a Family Medical Assistant to perform a variety of back office procedures in Whittier.
The Family Medical Assistant offers support to doctors, management, medical and non-medical staff. This role coordinates multiple medical professionals and processes sensitive medical documentation.
The ideal candidate will have 3+ years’ experience in front and back office specializing in the healthcare industry. They will also have a current CPR certification and have a medical assistant certification from an accredited medical assistant program.
Career Strategies Inc. is a national staffing firm that provides temporary and direct hire staffing services to outstanding firms located throughout the United States. For over 30 years, we’ve helped thousands of talented candidates find fulfilling careers in a variety of industries including technology, entertainment, marketing, real estate, finance and accounting.
About the role:
- Fill in and perform various patient-oriented duties
- Update any changes made within the job position
- Float between departments and periodically travel
- Process all outside referrals (HMO and/or PPO)
- Maintain accurate records and notify all parties of outcome
- Other duties as assigned
About the candidate:
- Current American Heart Association CPR certification (MUST)
- Certification from an Accredited Medical Assistant program (MUST)
- 2+ years’ experience in medical front and back office (MUST)
- Valid California Driver’s license for traveling purposes (MUST)
- Knowledge of medical terminology, job role and clinical skills (MUST)
- Knowledge of Electronic Health Record (EHR) computerized practice management (MUST)
- Desired personality traits and skills: Candidate must be able to work in a fast paced environment, strong verbal and written skills, and strong computer skills (data entry and typing).
Equal Opportunity Employer considering qualified candidates in accordance with state and federal laws, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.