Beverly Hills, CA 90210
We seek an experienced Financial Analyst for our client, a well-established financial portfolio manager with over 80 years of successful growth.
Our client is an independent, international music company with a high energy, start-up vibe. A global leader for development, acquisition, and management of music publishing, they have offices in LA, NY, Nashville as well as international locations. Their awesome local branch includes meditation rooms, ping pong tables and many company sponsored events throughout the year with constant activity in the office. The financial analyst works from the Los Angeles office in a 6 member team, with 40+ additional colleagues at this location.
The Financial Analyst supports the finance team with analytical research, budgeting and reporting. The prepare profit and loss statements on a numerous assets and maintain greenlight, budget and release data. This is a great opportunity for a music lover to share their financial expertise in a creative environment.
The ideal candidate has a dynamic, team oriented spirit and works well forging their own path. They bring 5 years of financial experience, a BA in finance or economics and a love for the music or entertainment industry. Most of all, they seek a company with solid ground where they can hang their hat for a long and exciting future ahead.
About the Position:
- Prepare P&L statements
- Analyze financial worthiness or viability of projects
- Perform research
- Prepare project budgets and oversee management
- Provide monthly reports analyzing projects and present in review meetings
- Prepare concise reports
- Create data files with actuals
- Update models and research variances
- Maintain greenlight and budgets
- Manage and provide release schedule data
- Present findings on bi-weekly meetings
- Assist with annual budgeting process
- Maintain accurate records
- Assist with qualitative and quantitative analyses
- Provide internal valuations and trend analysis
- Financial forecasting
- Special research projects as assigned
This is not a comprehensive list of duties.
About the Candidate:
- BA in finance, economics or accounting (PLUS)
- 3+ years’ experience in accounting, financial analysis and P&L prep (MUST)
- Intermediate Excel skills include pivot tables, VLOOKUP’s, sumifs (MUST)
- Special software: SAGE 500 & Tableau (PLUS)
- Intermediate computer skills: MS Office (MUST)
- 3+ years’ experience in the entertainment industry (PLUS)
- Characteristics of the perfect candidate: a proactive written and verbal communicator and effective listener, well-organized with high level planning skills, works well under pressure or tight deadlines, loves working with all personality types, team player, takes ownership of work and believes in accountability, detail oriented, has high level of integrity, needs no management to begin and complete projects in a timely manner, analytical.
Full benefits include medical, dental, vision, 2 weeks’ vacation (and closed office Christmas through New Year - paid), 5 sick days.
Equal Opportunity Employer considering qualified candidates in accordance with state and federal laws, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.