Floating Administrative Assistant, Investment Management Firm
Los Angeles, CA 90064
We seek a sharp Administrative Assistant for our client’s Westside investment management firm, operating with over $10B in assets.
Our client is a multi-billion dollar investment manager whose clients include some of the largest public and corporate pension funds and endowments throughout the US and Europe. Currently, they sit among the 75 largest hedge funds in the world and are known by employees for their collaborative environment and terrific work culture.
The Administrative staff provide administrative support, in a team environment, to partners and executives. Tasks include coordinating domestic and international travel, calendaring, expense reports, etc. The firm has an excellent reputation for providing an employee-centric culture: intelligent, collaborative, professional, and approachable. Hours for this role are Monday through Friday, from 8am to 5pm (responsible for closing office).
The ideal candidate has 2+ years’ experience in a busy professional office (must be related to real estate, wealth or business management, law office), supporting multiple team members with administrative tasks, scheduling and event planning. They appreciate following a routine, excel at managing time and assignments and constantly seek ways to improve their team’s success and efficiency. Our client prefers dynamic, self-starters with integrity and a commitment to delivering quality results. The successful candidates will present a polished demeanor, is down to earth, personable and professional.
Career Strategies Inc is a national staffing firm that provides temporary and direct hire staffing services to outstanding firms located throughout the United States. For over 30 years, we have helped thousands of talented candidates find fulfilling careers in a variety of industries including technology, entertainment, marketing, real estate, finance and accounting.
About the Position:
- Administrative duties for private equity team
- Book travel and manage itineraries
- Order team lunches twice weekly
- Prepare meeting room for team lunches
- Sort mail, scan and fax
- Organize team meetings and calendars
- Maintain an organized, paper and electronic, filing system
- Stock and maintain office and kitchen supplies
- Order supplies
- Generate team expense reports
- Reconcile monthly credit card statements
- Occasional back up for Receptionist
- Provide backup administrative assistance to other teams
- Maintain appearance of conference room and common areas
- Uphold a strict level of confidentiality
- Act with discretion when handling confidential information
- Special projects, as assigned
This is not a comprehensive list of duties.
About the Candidate:
- BA degree (PLUS)
- 2+ years’ experience providing administrative support in professional office (MUST)
- 1+ years’ experience in real estate, law, wealth or business management (MUST)
- Intermediate computer skills including MS Word, Outlook and Excel (MUST)
- Ability to prioritize and coordinate work to meet deadlines (MUST)
- Personality, Characteristics and Skills: friendly, professional, honest, reliable, excellent interpersonal communication, advanced written and oral communication, able to multi-task, independent worker, highly organized, efficient, team player, meticulous, detail oriented, positive “can-do” attitude, problem solver
Equal Opportunity Employer considering qualified candidates in accordance with state and federal laws, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.