Front Office Coordinator
Lakewood, CA 90711
Our client, a large behavioral health group. Is seeking a Front Office Coordinator, in Lakewood, CA. This temp to hire opportunity starts at $16-17 per hour and works a Monday through Friday schedule (10am to 6:30pm).
The Front Office Coordinator offers support to doctors, management, medical and non-medical staff and is a front-facing patient position. This role coordinates multiple medical professionals, manages the appointment calendar, processes sensitive medical documentation and acts as a public face for visitors.
The ideal candidate has worked in medical offices for at least 2 years. They respect privacy and are sensitive to confidential information. They have excellent administrative skills, a warm and cheerful personality and make others feel welcome in any environment.
Career Strategies Inc is a national staffing firm that provides temporary and direct hire staffing services to outstanding firms located throughout the United States. For over 30 years, we have helped thousands of talented candidates find fulfilling careers in a variety of industries including technology, entertainment, marketing, real estate, finance and accounting.
About the Position:
- Answer heavy phones
- Schedule appointments
- Maintain the office calendar for multiple healthcare practitioners
- Check-in patients
- Greet visitors
- Provide general service information
- Arrange consultations
- Answer questions or escalate request
- Use MD EMR software
- Data entry
- Process client documentation
- Administrative support
- Maintain organized paper and electronic files
- Verify insurance coverage
- Collect co-pay fees
- Assist with basic office accounting tasks
- Maintain highest level of confidentiality with sensitive information
- Perform other related duties as assigned
This is not a comprehensive list of duties.
About the Candidate:
- High School Diploma (MUST)
- 2+ years’ experience working in medical offices (MUST)
- 1+ years’ experience using Advanced MD EMR software (MUST)
- 1+ years’ experience in Behavioral Health (MUST)
- Intermediate computer/software skills: Outlook, Word, Excel, Powerpoint (MUST)
- Extensive knowledge of insurance carriers and medical terminology (MUST)
- Personality and Characteristics: warm, friendly and welcoming, attention to detail, upbeat and positive, "can-do" attitude, strong organizational skills, project management and problem-solving skills, multi-tasker, interpersonal skills, strong written and verbal communication, ability to prioritize, able to meet deadlines, able to work in fast-paced environment, solid customer service skills
Equal Opportunity Employer considering qualified candidates in accordance with state and federal laws, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.