Full Charge Accountant/Controller for Sports Apparel Company
Compton, CA 90220 | Direct Hire
Career Strategies is interviewing Full Charge Accounting Professionals with SAGE Expertise and experience as a Controller or Auditor for a leadership opportunity with our client, an internationally renowned sports gear manufacturer.
Controllers oversee the accounting operations of a company. They monitor staff, production of financial reports, accounting systems, improve reporting accuracy, enforce compliance with generally accepted accounting practices and standards, complete SEC filings and ensure fund compliance. They use comprehensive controls and budgets to mitigate risk and ensure that financial statements, balance sheets, P&L statements, cash flows, retained earnings, etc are error free and in line with standard industry accounting principles, state and federal regulations and company policy.
Our client has been an industry leader for over 30 years, designing, manufacturing and distributing high end safety gear for sports professionals and enthusiasts. They’ve built a reputation for innovative sports products that offer premium protection using advanced technology. Their ever-expanding business and products line requires a dynamic and hands on, full charge accountant to oversee the financial operations of their team.
The ideal candidate must be SAGE savvy and bring 10+ years’ of accounting experience with at least 5+ years producing month and year end closing services and team leadership. Candidates possessing a CPA or MBA are desired.
This is a full-time opportunity. A competitive compensation and benefits package, as well as the opportunity for career growth, make this opportunity a fantastic next step in any career.
Career Strategies Inc is a national staffing firm that provides temporary and direct hire staffing services to outstanding firms located throughout the United States. For over 28 years, we have helped thousands of talented candidates find fulfilling careers in a variety of industries including technology, entertainment, marketing, real estate, finance and accounting.
About this Position:
- Supervise A/R and A/P accounting department staff
- Cash management and journal entries
- Design an organizational structure that achieves the department’s objectives
- Enforce a documented system of policies, procedures and controls
- Train staff on proper procedures
- Determine best practices
- Implement improvements to procedures, internal controls and database management
- Oversee the accounting operations, control systems, transaction-processing operations, policies and procedures of subsidiary corporations
- Ensure that payables are paid and receivables are collected promptly
- Oversee payroll using ADP, insurance and 401k accounts
- Reconcile bank accounts and inventory regularly
- Coordinate the production of the annual corporate report, budget, forecasts, audits and tax returns
- Produce annual budgets and forecasts
- Provide financial statements and analysis for capital investments
- Create benchmarks used to measure performance
- Calculate financial and operating metrics
- Calculate variances
- Provide management cost reports
- Coordinate information and services with external auditors
- Monitor debt and compliance with debt covenants
- Provide compliance documents for SEC filings and Funds
- Ensure compliance with local, state and federal requirements
This is not a comprehensive list of duties.
About the Candidate:
- Bachelor's Degree in accounting or finance (MUST)
- MBA Degree or CPA (PREFERRED)
- 10+ years’ progressively responsible roles in accounting as an auditor or controller (MUST)
- 5+ years’ experience in monthly and annual closing (MUST)
- 3+ years’ experience in supervisory positions (MUST)
- 3+ years’ experience understanding contract law (MUST)
- Advanced PC skills: Sage 100 (MAS 90) or other ERP system, GAAP, MS Word and Excel (MUST)
- Personality and skills: leadership, exceptional math skills, attention to detail, leadership abilities, multi-tasker, critical thinker, strong verbal and written communication, excellent time management, highly organized, problem solver, analytical, detail oriented
Equal Opportunity Employer considering qualified candidates in accordance with state and federal laws, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.