General Administrative Office/Supply Associate
Los Angeles, CA 90022 | Contract to Hire
Our client, a large labor union pension office, seeks a dynamic and dedicated General Office/Supply Associate. This starts as a temporary role and will go direct hire for the right candidate.
The General Office/Supply Associate will work closely with the Administration Department. This person will maintain and restock inventory on all office supplies, process changes of address, updating information on various platforms and must have excellent MS Office Suite skills. This role also assists with intermittent front desk coverage including answering multiline switchboard and processing mail. Clerical duties will include answering phones/switchboard, word processing, filing and scanning.
- Maintain and restock office supplies and equipment
- Maintain supplies inventory
- Act as first contact for maintenance requests
- Prepare, sort, and distribute mail and courier deliveries
- Timely process returned mail
- Accurately maintain address lists
- Use telephone switchboard to cover phones, screen and forward calls
- Scan documents
- Input and manage in-house database.
- Special projects as requested
- Maintain highest level of confidentiality with sensitive information
MUST be available to work FULL DAYS Monday - Friday 8:30am - 5:30pm. Attendance and continuity is VITAL.
- Please apply with your resume
- BA+ degree (PLUS)
- 2+ years’ experience as office administration (MUST)
- 1+ years’ experience using busy switchboard/phones (200-300 inbound a day)
- Bilingual Spanish (PLUS)
- Intermediate computer skills: MS Office Suite, Outlook and Excel (MUST)
- Desired Characteristics / Personality: Pleasant and friendly demeanor, STRONG phone skills, polished, articulate telephone etiquette, communication skills, organizational skills, team player and willingness to collaborate on projects, warm, professional, punctual, flexible, adaptable, critical thinker, detailed, people person, multi-tasker, calm under pressure, maintain highly confidential information, courteous
Equal Opportunity Employer considering qualified candidates in accordance with state and federal laws, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.