General Clerk/Administrative Support for Entertainment Benefits
Los Angeles, CA 90036 | Direct Hire
We are currently interviewing General Clerks for a Temp to Hire opportunity with our client, a busy group health care and benefits provider for members of the entertainment industry. Our client offers plenty of forward career momentum to those eager to grow with this company.
Our client provides vision, dental, psychiatric, medical and other health care benefits to members (and their dependents) of creative industries, including motion picture, television and commercial production. They are known for far reaching efforts that contribute to the general health and well-being of all its members. Our client also has a long history of charitable involvement in the community and encourages employees to volunteer time to their own special interests or those supported by the organization (such as The Actors Fund and Alzheimer’s research).
This role offers an exciting opportunity for motion picture and production aficionados to make a contribution to the industry they love by providing the top administrative support necessary to keep this amazing organization functioning at their best.
Ideal candidates already have administrative experience in the entertainment landscape.
About the Position:
- Clerical duties
- Data entry
- Filing (alphabetically, chronologically, and numerically)
- Use microfiche equipment
- Complete complex copy assignments
- Cover reception as needed using switchboard
- Prepare and scan documents
- Complete errands off site using car
- Create labels and update logs
- Complete simple calculations using 10-key calculator
- Inform management of issues related to office maintenance, visual appearance, etc
- Office messenger
- Order and restock supplies for kitchens and coffee bars each day
- Copy and bind agendas for Board Meetings and special projects
- Prepare Claims and Eligibility forms, pension checks, etc for mailing
- Provide information using digital systems (CRT)
- Prepare and send mail using postage scale and meter
- Prepare informational packets using fold/insert and binding machines
- Maintain copier machine (clear jams, add toner, etc)
- Maintain organized paper and electronic files
- Prepare, sort, and distribute mail and courier deliveries
- Answer and distribute phone calls
- Input and manage in-house database
- Special projects as requested
About The Candidate:
- 1+ years’ experience working in administrative support roles (MUST)
- Able to operate a vehicle (MUST)
- 1+ years’ experience with equipment: postage machines, 10 key, binding machine (PLUS)
- Intermediate computer skills including Word, Excel, Outlook (MUST)
- Personality and Characteristics: punctuality, "can-do" attitude, strong organizational skills, multi-tasker, interpersonal skills, team player, ability to prioritize, able to meet deadlines, able to work in fast paced environment, solid customer service skills
Equal Opportunity Employer considering qualified candidates in accordance with state and federal laws, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.