HR Data Analyst
Burbank, CA 91510 | Contract to Hire
We seek a Human Resources Data Analyst for our client’s busy group health benefits provider for members of the entertainment industry.
Our client provides vision, dental, psychiatric, medical and other healthcare benefits to members (and their dependents) of creative industries, including motion picture, television and commercial production. They are known for far reaching efforts that contribute to the general health and well-being of all its members. Our client also has a long history of charitable involvement in the community and encourages employees to volunteer time to their own special interests or those supported by the organization (such as The Actors Fund and Alzheimer’s research).
This role analyzes human resource data to create reports and present audience based demographics and turnover. Although they work independently, they assist the internal HR team to determine workforce reporting needs, manages databases, ensures data integrity with HRIS and provides trend analyses on historical turnover, recruiting, and staffing. Our client offers forward career momentum to those eager to grow with this company. The HR Data Analyst assists all levels of the organization and membership in person and over the phone.
Ideal candidates bring 5+ years of human resource data analysis and HRIS, 2+ years’ experience analyzing and generating reports and presentations and experience with benefits and contributions. They are known for their upbeat and helpful personality.
About the Position:
- Performs analysis of structured and unstructured data across multiple sources
- Identify opportunities to maximize data usage
- Design HR dashboard to provide measures
- Use programming and analytical tools to formulate models
- Use open source programs (ie IBM Cognos or similar relational database tools)
- Create algorithms
- Maintain HR dashboards and scorecards
- Provide key workforce measures using Excel, BI, etc.
- Monitor trends and highlights areas of concern
- Communicate and work with 3rd party vendors
- Leverage HR and other business data to perform appropriate analysis
- Develop structures and pipelines to organize, collect and standardize data
- Identify patterns and insights
- Generate graphs to illustrate findings
- Identify and troubleshoot data integration issues
- Document global definitions, processes and procedures to ensure consistent performance
- Apply modeling and optimization methods to improve performance
- Present comprehensive 'data stories' to management
- Deliver precise and accurate analysis reports
- Coordinate multi-departmental work to facilitate project implementations
- Provide monthly reports to the Benefits Committee
- Conduct annual review of policies and procedures to implement improvements
- Special projects as requested
This is not a comprehensive list of duties.
About the Candidate:
- BA degree (MUST)
- 5+ years’ experience in HR department roles (MUST)
- 3+ years’ experience using quantitative analysis, data modeling, reporting (MUST)
- 3+ years’ experience using relational database tools, data warehousing (MUST)
- 3+ years’ experience using database architecture, SQL, SAS and/or SPSS (MUST)
- 2+ years’ experience using UltiPro or similar HRIS and IBM Cognos Analytics (MUST)
- 2+ years’ experience using statistical analysis and data visualization (MUST)
- Intermediate computer skills including Word, Excel (advanced), Outlook (MUST)
- Personality and Characteristics: great math skills, punctuality, "can-do" attitude, strong organizational skills, analytical, multi-tasker, interpersonal skills, team player, ability to prioritize, able to meet deadlines, able to work in fast paced environment, solid customer service skills
Equal Opportunity Employer considering qualified candidates in accordance with state and federal laws, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.